The Orphanage

Started by MacGuffin, November 27, 2007, 08:08:03 PM

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Stefen

I didn't think the original was that great to begin with.

Sort of off-topic (sort of), but how awesome is the ending of Arlington Road?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pas

Quote from: Stefen on January 05, 2010, 01:29:27 AM
how awesome is the ending of Arlington Road?

fucking.

this had a really small french distribution so no one knew about it that much here, and I remember as a kid showing it to all my friends almost one by one and watching their face explode in the end. From 13 year old girls to 16 year old punk-rocking cousins everyone was blown away. I think for most of them 1999 was the year they realized I was gonna love movies more than them since I spent the whole year harrassing them with Clerks, The Negotiator (lol I wonder how this holds up, I haven't seen it since I was 14 (in 1999)) and Arlington Road.

edit : I just remembered that I talked so much about The Negatiotar that in english(as a second language) class we had to tell the class what our favorite movie of the year was and some chick chose The Negotiator and said : "I haven't seen it yet but it must be pretty good since Pas Rap talks about it all the time"