Tarantino was on Alias???

Started by Gloria, September 03, 2003, 06:04:51 PM

Gloria

I was looking up Mr. Tarantino in Google and found out that he did a guest spot on the TV show Alias!  Why wasn't I informed?  It happened the spring of 2002 and I was wondering where I can watch this episode (whether on TV or download).  The article I read said his acting was "poor" but the story was cool.  Does anyone have any more info on this, or must I penetrate the vast vortex of the Google site, again?

MacGuffin

Quote from: GloriaI was wondering where I can watch this episode

DVD box set came out yesterday. I got mine for $40 at Circuit City, but you should be able to find a place to rent it.

He's in episodes 12 and 13 ("The Box Part 1 and 2"):

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Spike

Quote from: GloriaI was looking up Mr. Tarantino in Google and found out that he did a guest spot on the TV show Alias!  Why wasn't I informed?  It happened the spring of 2002 and I was wondering where I can watch this episode (whether on TV or download).  The article I read said his acting was "poor" but the story was cool.  Does anyone have any more info on this, or must I penetrate the vast vortex of the Google site, again?

Quentin appearead in two episodes of "Alias" as some criminal. I'm not a fan of "Alias" but I just HAD to watch that two episodes.  :wink:
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

Raikus

Good eps. He was a former agent that stormed the SD6 facility in LA to obtain  Rimbaldie (sp?) artifacts.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

MacGuffin

Just finished watching QT's episodes. These two really have nothing to do with therest of the mythology and the throughline of the show. As for QT's acting...let's just say it has not improved as he gets more roles (although I thought he was very good in "From Dusk Til Dawn"). In "Alias" he plays an ex-SD-6 agent back for revenge. He holds the agent director captive, threatening to torture his for a code, but the director tells him, "I doubt I'm the first one to not take you seriously." I thought the same. QT plays his character like a kid who has seen too many spy films and is trying be menacing with 'tough' dialogue and teasing about how much pain he will inflict. The show really took a halt with these episodes; these seem to have been written just for his appearance.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gloria

Well, that seems a bit disappointing.  I'll probably still watch the episodes when I can get the chance.  I have never seen Tarantino in a really strong acting role.  I think in order for him to act well, the part will have to be tailor made for him (like the little part in Pulp Fiction, which cracked me up.)  Thanks again for your insight, MacGuffin.  Always ahead of the game  :)

MacGuffin

Tarantino Assumes an ALIAS

ABC has released images from "After Six," an upcoming episode of ALIAS that will feature a guest appearance by Quentin Tarantino.

Tarantino will return as McKenas Cole in the episode, a former SD-6 agent. Vivica A. Fox is also set to guest star in the episode as Rogue Security Systems Designer Toni Cummings.

*Some Story Spoliers*

Upon discovering that high ranking members of The Covenant are being murdered, Sydney and Vaughn are sent to retrieve the Doleac Agenda - which contains operational plans for six of The Covenant's cells - to gain an advantage over the rogue assassins. But unbeknownst to all, a familiar force is at work orchestrating the reorganization of The Covenant. Meanwhile Sydney and Weiss go on a mission to convince rogue security systems designer Toni Cummings (Vivica A. Fox, KILL BILL, INDEPENDENCE DAY) to help the CIA break into a Lethal Response System, Sark presents a business proposal to Lauren, Jack urges a troubled Sloane to talk with CIA psychiatrist Dr. Judy Barnett (Patricia Wettig, THIRTYSOMETING), and Marshall can't contain his excitement about becoming a father when Carrie goes into labor.

Quentin Tarantino returns in a special guest appearance as McKenas Cole, on ALIAS, SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 15 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

hey is that melissa george in the first pic? coooooooooooool. i might watch it for her..
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Phey is that melissa george in the first pic?

Yep. She's a regular on the show.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffinYep. She's a regular on the show.
no shit, i was not aware of that. i will hav to stop ignoring it..  if she gets much screen time.
under the paving stones.

Raikus

She's gotten tons of screen time this whole season, but I'm sure she's guaranteed more as the show has begun to pivot on her character. Basically, she's become the "twist."
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Sleepless

Quote from: MacGuffinHe's in episodes 12 and 13 ("The Box Part 1 and 2"):

He points a lot.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.