marketing copies

Started by sphinx, February 28, 2003, 10:12:50 PM

picolas

they're banking on kids wanting to watch pixar movies on dvd while they're still in theatres and parents not knowing (or caring about) the diff.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Ravi

Ravi

Ravi

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ElPandaRoyal

That Black Dahlia cover is one of the best... ever... man...

edit: removed unnecessary quote
Si

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

(comes out on dvd a couple of weeks before transformers)

TRANSMORPHERS! from now on i will refer to the michael bay movie as transmorphers.

pete

plus the movie's plot sounds a lot like

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Ravi

/\
|
|
|
They even copied the lens flare.

(redesigned ID4 cover I saw the other day)

squints

While we're on the subject of will smith marketing copies... i can't believe no one has noticed this yet:

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Pubrick

yeah but is that the POSTER for mad max?

otherwise you've just pointed out an homage. like any film that features a shattered snow globe.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks