Jon Brion: new site, blue site

Started by neatahwanta, August 16, 2003, 02:42:08 PM

tpfkabi

i really don't understand why he doesn't release anymore solo albums.
i have a feeling he has several albums worth of recorded songs just sitting on the shelf.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

sickfins

he has a computer filled with recordings of covers and shit he's done.  there's a big box in the back of largo that has recordings of pretty much everything.  most of the new solo album has already been recorded at abbey road, he's probably just tinkering with it for millions of years now.  and looking at his hand

tpfkabi

Quote from: sickfins on May 08, 2006, 03:59:38 AM
he has a computer filled with recordings of covers and shit he's done.  there's a big box in the back of largo that has recordings of pretty much everything.  most of the new solo album has already been recorded at abbey road, he's probably just tinkering with it for millions of years now.  and looking at his hand

was this info in an interview? if so, i would like to read it.

modage

yeah i thought like, years ago there was a trip out to LA and special stuff coming? 
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

sickfins

Quote from: bigideas on May 08, 2006, 07:25:17 PM
Quote from: sickfins on May 08, 2006, 03:59:38 AM

was this info in an interview? if so, i would like to read it.

nope, this is information i have pulled from many sources.  i think it was that gondry talked about how he was talking to brion about hearing 'everybody's gotta learn sometime' on the radio and jon suddenly pulled it up on his computer with countless covers/recordings of songs.  turn out he had recorded it a few weeks prior to that

jon going to abbey road was confirmed by his agent and what he said at recent largo shows.

thewrathofsam

i've been looking for an MP3 of his song "the girl i knew"...i know the video is online of him performing it live and impressively  recording all the instruments live...but god damn it, i want a decent MP3. 

can anyone help me out?

thewrathofsam@yahoo.com

tpfkabi

when listening to the new Loose Fur i had the thought:

what if Jim O'Rourke and Jon Brion worked together?

both are singer/songwriter/producers/ and talented at multiple instruments.

what do you think?

new article:
http://www.laweekly.com/general/features/jon-brions-amazing-musicquarium/13452/

modage

Quote from: LA WEEKLY
He's especially fond of engaging with musicians and film directors wise enough to leave him to his devices yet sufficiently firm in their own visions to forge a truly collaborative spirit. Such was the case with Huckabees' David O. Russell, for whom Brion will also score the upcoming There Will Be Blood.
wow, how wrong.  who writes these things?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

sickfins

http://www.fairfax-avenue.com/

a new jon brion resource.  also the sister site of cigarettes and red vines!  fancy that.

Pubrick

Quote from: sickfins on October 29, 2006, 11:29:32 PM
also the sister site of cigarettes and red vines!  fancy that.

what are we, like, cousins twice removed?
under the paving stones.

polkablues

Quote from: Pubrick on October 30, 2006, 04:40:23 AM
Quote from: sickfins on October 29, 2006, 11:29:32 PM
also the sister site of cigarettes and red vines!  fancy that.

what are we, like, cousins twice removed?

We're the hot cousin.
My house, my rules, my coffee

tpfkabi

that new Waterloo Sunset file they put up is great.

i finally got high speed internet access at work, so i was hoping i would find a good video of one of his Largo performances where he records each instrument one at a time until it's a full song.

any idea where i could stream something like this?

sickfins

i just posted an exclusive soundboard recording of jon's performance at the intonation festival in chicago from a few months ago along with a slew of other boots

looky looky

http://www.fairfax-avenue.com/

Pedro

this is the greatest website ever.  thank you so much.

imawombat

these things do happen