Dave Matthews in the Park

Started by aclockworkjj, September 14, 2003, 02:08:46 PM

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Ravi
No one was seriously hurt by the raining waste. The boat's captain made a U-turn and headed back to the dock, where reeking passengers were given refunds and the ship was thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.

hahahaha.......sounds like the next john waters film...

as for dmb....i think they are a talented band and their musics good but they do have the worst fan base in the world......[next to evenescance with the psedo-fake goths].but the dmb fanbase are all sluty soriety girls who go to the show to get drunk and hopefully ingest some wannna be ghetto-fied fratboys semen...while hippy dancing around pretending to be arty and hip........disgusting....trust me......

Ravi

Quote from: NEON MERCURY
as for dmb....i think they are a talented band and their musics good but they do have the worst fan base in the world......[next to evenescance with the psedo-fake goths].but the dmb fanbase are all sluty soriety girls who go to the show to get drunk and hopefully ingest some wannna be ghetto-fied fratboys semen...while hippy dancing around pretending to be arty and hip........disgusting....trust me......

Or to get a contact high.

Maybe the shit-dumping incident is a metaphor for DMB's last few albums?

pete

dmb is like a gateway band, kinda like pot.  it's got all the right ideas about how a rock band can be good--eclectic performers of different influences, a tight sound, open song structures that allow for sweet jams and solos, creative chord progressions, hooks...etc.  but DMB itself really isn't really that good at any of that, with the exception of the drummer, the rest of the band is extremely average in a tolerably poppy kind of way.  the fiddler sucks, the sax guy is one step closer to smooth jazz with each album, and their jams are meaningless and meander a bunch--but they draw such attention to all these things and in their live shows they really make an attempt to showcase the various (mediocre) aspects of their band, so average high school kids can say, whoa, the rhythm guitar and the drummer are playing separate grooves right now but they are still together, or hey, that solo guitarist is improvising to a set of structured chords...etc., so then hopefully these kids, these listeners of mainstream music can go off to delve into bigger and better things--or the albums of their collaoborators like Bela Fleck and Victor Wooten, or Phish, or even Jurassic 5.  I have a few friends, me included, that are ashamed in admitting how well we know the band, 'cause we really don't dig the band anymore, but have found some great music one way or the other through the average band.
that's why the DMB fanbase sucks, if you stay with them for more than a few years then you're just really shallow and you probably don't even understand their music.  because if Dave Matthews was listening to himself, he'd move on to better musicians too.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: petethat's why the DMB fanbase sucks, if you stay with them for more than a few years then you're just really shallow and you probably don't even understand their music.  because if Dave Matthews was listening to himself, he'd move on to better musicians too.
:oops:
That stings pete, it really does....
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.