de-funct in the xixatorium

Started by moonshiner, July 01, 2003, 01:27:40 AM

moonshiner

i haven't been on a while, and i know i do this a lot but...the Mars Volta De-loused in the Comatorium is a fucking great cd....it shatters everything it's derived from and embraces it at the same time, it's rock the way it's meant to come off, earth shattering, epic, dramatic, pushing the limits of prog-punk rock in the conceptual tradition of Pink Floyd.....you will be amazed, check it out if you haven't already, i really mean it this time....and let me know

p.s...please excuse all the cliches
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

Sleuth

Wow, Mars Volta, I've heard of them!
I like to hug dogs

moonshiner

am i missing something tremosloth?

edit: i figured it out, you're a thread ruiner
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

moonshiner

JC, no not that one

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

moonshiner

somebody resurrect this thread.......nevermind, the Mars Volta suck, don't bother

JC, no not that one

Sleuth

Hey man, chill out, let's smoke together sometime
I like to hug dogs

moonshiner

JC, no not that one

Pedro

Absolutely adore this cd.  This and Hail to the Thief are currently in heavy rotation.

jokerspath

I wanted a bit more screaming, because we all know he's capable of it.

Also, the original version of Roulette Dares is so mindblowing and organ heavy.  They've opted for a quieter chorus here, which is a bit of a letdown.

Overall, I like it, but I wish I loved it...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Mesh

I've only heard little bits and pieces of it.

I'll withhold judgement for now....but I do want to hear it all the way through at least once.

moonshiner

this is a must have, if only i could figure out what he was saying

JC, no not that one

phil marlowe

i've only heard the e.p. but it was great. big fan of at the drive in too.

European Son

I think Brent D.'s review of this album on pitchforkmedia.com is spot on. Everyone is jumping the gun and declaring it an instant classic when it really isn't. It's a good album, very good in fact, but not great.