marketing copies

Started by sphinx, February 28, 2003, 10:12:50 PM

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Pozer

^AHAHA

it reminds me of this one for some reason ...

Ravi

children with angels

Out of interest, Ravi - how/why are you able to always catch all these copies?
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

Ravi

Quote from: children with angels on July 30, 2011, 09:39:28 PM
Out of interest, Ravi - how/why are you able to always catch all these copies?

I look at sites that list new/upcoming DVD releases with cover art pretty regularly, and every now and then I'll see something that looks similar to another cover. H2O popped up on Netflix's instant page. I guess I have a good eye for this. Also, I'm a loser.

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

squints

"I love this gun so very much."
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Ravi

It makes the movies look deeper if the leads rest their guns on their foreheads and close their eyes

matt35mm

If you love me so much, stop pointing your fucking gun at me.

Love,
God

theyarelegion

off topic but that fucking boondocks poster reminded me: has any seen Overnight, the doc about Troy Duffy???
if not, please see it immediately! for gems like this:
"Harvey...hey....I think that if De Niro had the opportunity to read it (Boondocks)...you never quite know what
his reaction would be....I need you to help me out....I need some things here....we'll probably make a bunch of
films together....so I just need some help!" to Boondocks being put into turnaround by Miramix...
to "Harvey Weinstein is afraid of me!!!" to recording an album/soundtrack for Boondocks with (one of?) The Doobie Brothers!
....esssential viewing!!!!
the whole thing directed by one Tony Montana is on youtube:

Pubrick

Quote from: theyarelegion on August 17, 2011, 12:53:10 AM
off topic but that fucking boondocks poster reminded me: has any seen Overnight, the doc about Troy Duffy???

Yes we have seen it, because we're not cinematic idiots.

You may also be interested in this thread, because despite its current wayward state this board used to have the best taste in all of the internets.
under the paving stones.

theyarelegion

Pubrick, you're the most helpful asshole (!) on this board! I didn't realize cinematic idiocracy = not seeing Overnight?

Ravi

matt35mm

At a screening of Fright Night in Austin, Anton Yelchin was given an axe and asked to recreate the poster, which he did. Christopher Mintz-Plasse, drunk/not missing a beat, fulfilled the Colin Ferrell role in the poster by getting on a chair behind Yelchin and staring out at us. He then cracked up and said, "That was so stupid."

That ended up being way more entertaining than the movie.

Also, sorta: