Alone In The Dark

Started by MacGuffin, January 08, 2005, 02:02:32 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release Date: January 28th, 2005 (wide)

Cast: Christian Slater (Edward Carnby), Tara Reid (Aline Cedrac), Stephen Dorff (Commander Burke), Will Sanderson (Agent Miles), Ed Anders (James Pinkerton), Robert Bruce (Barnes), Daniel Cudmore (Agent Barr), Mike Dopud (Agent Turner), John Fallon (Agent Yoneck), Karin Konoval (Sister Clara), Catherine Lough Haggquist (Krash), Ho Sung Pak (Agent Marko), Darren Shahlavi (John Houghton), Francoise Yip (Agent Cheung)

Director: Uwe Boll (The House of the Dead)

Screenwriter: Elan Mastai (cowriter of MVP 2: Most Vertical Primate), Michael Roesch (feature debut) & Peter Scheerer (feature debut)

Premise: Edward Carnby (Slater), detective of the paranormal, unexplained and supernatural, investigates a mystery (the recent death of a friend) with clues leading to "Shadow Island" that brings him face to face with bizarre horrors that prove both psychologically disturbing and lethal, as he discovers that evil demons worshiped by an ancient culture called the Abskani are planning on coming back to life in the 21st century to once again take over the world... and only he and a young genius anthropologist with an incredible memory (and his ex-girlfriend), Aline Cedrac (Reid), stand in their way, at a gateway to hell. Standing in Carnby's way, however, is the impact that a brief encounter with an evil spirit called the Queen had upon his mind, as he slowly finds himself overpowered by the forces of darkness as they eat away at his very sanity...
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

matt35mm

QuoteDirector: Uwe Boll (The House of the Dead)

Screenwriter: Elan Mastai (cowriter of MVP 2: Most Vertical Primate), Michael Roesch (feature debut) & Peter Scheerer (feature debut)
Haha, I don't recall ever seeing a greater recipe for disaster.

joebuck

"and only he and a young genius anthropologist with an incredible memory (and his ex-girlfriend), Aline Cedrac (Reid)"

Tara Reid playing a young genius anthropologist??  My God, is this some sort of sick joke?!?

Find Your Magali

This is how one newspaper capsule describes the film: "Nineteen people are missing and they all grew up in the same orphanage. Where'd they go? Christian Slater investigates."

Doesn't even sound like the same film...

...Other than the true horror of having it star Christian Slater. (Now, Bed of Roses --- there was a nightmare-filled flick.)

Dtm115300

Come on Tara Reid is in this film, which The director of House of the Dead. How bad can it be. lol  

I think i might enjoy watching Street Fighter over and over again then going to see this movie. [/quote]

Myxo

Weak2ndAct