AMADEUS

Started by Rudie Obias, June 26, 2003, 01:59:29 AM

Rudie Obias

i just bought the director's cut of this film and it's absolutely amazing!  i remember first watching this film when i was about 5 or 6 and loving it even back then.  despite the fact that i was freaked about about the video book and the first scene and the drama/comedy mask at the costume party.  i believe the director's cut went from a PG rating to an R rating.  it's so good.  something new i noticed the last time i watched it was the motif (sp?) of the sweets and deserts throughout the film.  does anyone have any interpretation why this is?

ps
milos foreman is a great filmmaker!

AMADEUS
ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST
MAN ON THE MOON (this movie was ok.)
PEOPLE VS. LARRY FLYNT
HAIR

then acting in KEEPING THE FAITH
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

The Silver Bullet

RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

modage

i didnt like this movie.  although it was well filmed, i couldnt stand any of the characters.  and i think thats sort of important when you have to spend 3 hours with them.  there was no one i could identify/sympathize with.  i hated everybody.  but, as i've stated before i have a prejudice against white wigs and black moles and that sort of thing.  i do like milos forman though.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.