Breaking Bad

Started by squints, February 25, 2009, 07:23:38 PM

polkablues

What's Walt's next step?  Dealing with Mike's nine guys.  Who's got the DEA keeping an eye on anything that happens to them?  Mike's nine guys. 

I doubt Hank will find out about Walt in this next episode, but he's certainly going to end up hot on Walt's trail.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Fernando

what I wonder is how will Jesse react to mike's death.

he will be mad to say the least, but it's also a huge red flag that he needs to get out for real, because there is no positive outcome by being around Walt anymore.

Brando

Quote from: polkablues on August 28, 2012, 02:24:53 PM
What's Walt's next step?  Dealing with Mike's nine guys.  Who's got the DEA keeping an eye on anything that happens to them?  Mike's nine guys. 

I doubt Hank will find out about Walt in this next episode, but he's certainly going to end up hot on Walt's trail.

That seems most likely. The problem of the nine guys is what they set up in the first episode of this season and been dealt with throughout so it'll probably be what Walt deals with in the next episode. The new partnership will probably dominate the last eight episodes.

Quote from: Fernando on August 28, 2012, 03:06:54 PM

he will be mad to say the least, but it's also a huge red flag that he needs to get out for real, because there is no positive outcome by being around Walt anymore.

I really doubt Jesse will ever know what happened to Mike unless his body found by someone.
If you think this is going to have a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: polkablues on August 28, 2012, 02:24:53 PMWhat's Walt's next step?  Dealing with Mike's nine guys.  Who's got the DEA keeping an eye on anything that happens to them?  Mike's nine guys.

Are we sure? If Hank's boss thought surveilling Mike was too much, I doubt they've had surveillance on a bunch of other people. But maybe they will now that they've cracked the lawyer and have momentum on the case. I actually hope you're right, because that would be a fun way to set the pursuit in motion.

[This is NOT really a podcast interpretation spoiler, so don't skip it...] In the podcast, they indirectly bring up this issue and make a very interesting point — people get away with things all the time because police have other priorities or lack the budget to look into absolutely everything. Kelley Dixon essentially ridiculed some viewers for being obsessed with every loose end or every piece of evidence that might have been left behind, because in the real world things actually fall through the cracks. They gave the impression that it's sort of a philosophy of the show.

Perhaps of greater concern: Aren't some of the nine guys incarcerated? How on earth does Walt deal with that?

Quote from: Fernando on August 28, 2012, 03:06:54 PM

He may not find out. Maybe never, maybe not for a while. For now, how would anyone know that Mike died? He wanted to disappear.

Brando

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on August 28, 2012, 04:05:42 PM

Perhaps of greater concern: Aren't some of the nine guys incarcerated? How on earth does Walt deal with that?

Todd has hook ups in prison. So it's possible.
If you think this is going to have a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

polkablues

Ooo, good catch.  That's definitely going to come into play.

Jeremy Blackman

RegularKarate

Nine Guys, Nine Episodes left

MacGuffin

I'm guessing modage will say this about this Sunday's episode:

:shock:

:yabbse-cry:

:bravo:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Educational short film about menstruation from 1974 starring Mike Ehrmantraut himself, Jonathan Banks (he first shows up a little more than a minute in).

Pubrick

This is all I could think of while reading that..

under the paving stones.

ono

I had a thought yesterday about Jesse.  What's the one way for him to truly be out?  If Walt's gone, finally leaving him the hell alone.  How does he accomplish that, and get free?  If Walt gets caught without him, Walt might take him down.  So, instead, Jesse brings his information to Hank in exchange for immunity and they work together to bring him down.  Any number of those three people die in a final confrontation.  I think Jesse finding out that Walt killed Mike is the turning point, the catalyst Jesse needs to see how this can't end well AND he might need to do something drastic like this to stop it.  Maybe it's too out there, but after Jesse and Hank's earlier interactions, it would be interesting to see them working together in this way.

Jeremy Blackman

I'm not sure Jesse is that calculating. And I think he still has some father figure feelings about Walt. But that's an interesting prediction, and I think it could happen if Hank approaches him.