I got the PDL DVD - The definitive thread

Started by aurora, June 19, 2003, 04:50:16 AM

MacGuffin

Getting the reissue treatment is Paul Thomas Anderson's Punch-Drunk Love, which will get pared down to a single disc. Features are the same as the previous two-disc set, sans the second platter of extras (namely, just the movie in anamorphic widescreen plus Dolby Digital and DTS surround tracks). Retail is $19.95.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Spike

I got it!
The DVD was released today here in Germany and I got it now! It's just an amaray-case without a booklet but the DVD has all the extras of the code-1-DVD.
And I just finished watching the movie for the first time and I fucking loved it! Not as good as "Magnolia", but better than "Boogie Nights"! I really didn't think that I would like it so much.
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

cine

Did you enjoy the Mattress Man Commercial?

Spike

Quote from: CinephileDid you enjoy the Mattress Man Commercial?

That was hilarious! It's the only extra I looked at. PSH is great in this one. It was amazing when he fell off the roof. I'm surprised that PSH didn't break his neck or something during this...

cine

If you read through this thread, you'll see that there was a nice debate about whether or not it was PSH.

Spike

Quote from: CinephileIf you read through this thread, you'll see that there was a nice debate about whether or not it was PSH.

I'm going to read it right now, but how couldn't it be PSH? I mean, there was no cut in this, wasn't it?

edison

Quote from: Spike
Quote from: CinephileIf you read through this thread, you'll see that there was a nice debate about whether or not it was PSH.

I'm going to read it right now, but how couldn't it be PSH? I mean, there was no cut in this, wasn't it?

Here we go again

cine

Quote from: EEz28
Quote from: Spike

Here we go again
Don't you worry, EEz, I made it a point not to reply to Spike's question. :wink: