PTA's New Short Film "Couch"

Started by depooter, May 05, 2003, 12:27:29 PM

Cecil

i laughed at guzman and i laughed during this short. mr.burgerking, maybe you need to order a whopper with a side of sense of humour  :-D

The Silver Bullet

QuoteI thought it was cute and clever...up until he screamed, at which point I just about fell out of my chair laughing.
With the one exception of thinking it was clever, that is my exact reaction too. I thought it was cute, and then the screaming started and I laughed like a goon having sex with a mountain goat.
RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Pozer

Quote from: cecil b. dementedi laughed at guzman and i laughed during this short. mr.burgerking, maybe you need to order a whopper with a side of sense of humour  :-D

that's good, that's good

saw this a 2nd time with better quality. 56K lix coiled pubes.

It's cool, man. Funny and just a cool little thing.

P.S. had Burger King for lunch, charged me for Ranch dressing. I forgot why I never eat there. then I forgot again, til I ate the fries. They lix coiled pubes as well

In my defense, I am just saying

brockly

Quote from: The Silver BulletI did indeed enjoy the opening shot through the window. And for the record, the guy is good with his tracking shots. He knows how to use them, and use them well.

That's exactly what I thought. I loved the opening shot so much!!!! And how Sandler is framed in the box as he peers through the window. wonderful! The black and white worked great.

MrBurgerKing

Just not my type of humor I guess. Awkward timing for me perhaps?

Hey though, I talked to someone the other day that prefers the Big Mac to the whopper. After I was done shaking my head I said F it, enjoy your Big Mac.

The Silver Bullet

Whoppers are much better. The Hungry Jacks / Burger King people are much more accomodating for those wanting to ditch pickles and such also. They get my vote.
RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Disco Stu

Quote from: XixaxShit, people. It was a short created for a comedy TV show.

What do you people want? Friggin' Magnolia 2003?

I hate you all.

I don't think anybody expected a great deal from it but for christ sake, just because it is directed by Paul Thomas Anderson and was only created for a tv show doesn't mean that it still isn't one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.  And don't call it a mini masterpiece.
I used to do drugs.  I still do but I used to too!

Jake_82

Meh... I didnt like it too much, but the last shot had me laughing.
your reality is at the end of your dream

RegularKarate

I laughed...

does this require much critical examination?  

It was funny, I would show it to someone else to make them laugh...

there you go.

Fishbulb

I like the "Nuthin' Over a Nickel" sign that you can see through the window at the beginning. That seems like a sign that you would see as a background joke on "The Simpsons".

Victor

Quote from: RegularKarate

does this require much critical examination?  

It was funny

xactly.
are you gonna eat with us too?

Ernie

Quote from: MrBurgerKingI'd say the people who laughed at Guzman falling out of his chair in P-DL also laughed at this. I personally did not laugh at Guzman falling out of his chair and did not laugh at this. Perhaps there is a connection, or perhaps there's not.

Or perhaps I need to go to Wendys?

Oh man, how could you not laugh at that? Guzman is just hilarious to me.

The short-not that funny imo, just as plain and simple as RegularKarate put it.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

xerxes

didn't really find it too funny, but it was nice

Just Withnail

Not exactly what I had expected, but nice nonetheless. Had me giggling a bit.  :)