WORST COVER ART

Started by modage, May 20, 2003, 12:50:29 AM

modage

Giant fucking face:

A box in a box in a box:

Your poster was awesome, why did you do this:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

picolas

Quote from: modage on February 14, 2010, 07:09:57 PM

wow. it's like they're airbrushing cruise to the point where people won't recognize him, forget he was in the movie, and buy it for the cool glove/ring.

Derek

That Minority Report art is BRUTAL. Why not stick with the poster?

I think the marketing people think that people have forgotten about movies when they have to re-release them on dvd or blu-ray and think the only way to sell it is with the star's face. Especially brutal for a Spielberg movie.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Pas

Quote from: picolas on February 14, 2010, 07:22:52 PM
Quote from: modage on February 14, 2010, 07:09:57 PM

wow. it's like they're airbrushing cruise to the point where people won't recognize him, forget he was in the movie, and buy it for the cool glove/ring.

definitely the worst of this thread, fuckin hell it's ugly

Ravi

God, that's hideous.  If you're going to put a giant fucking face on a cover, at least make it look appealing instead of inspiring screams of "OMG GIANT GLOWING TOM CRUISE HEAD IS ATTACKING!"

Stefen

Spielberg don't give a fuck.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

RegularKarate

I don't know why all the hate for that blu-ray dvd cover!

I LOVE Arnold Schwarzenegger so I'm gonna buy that movie!

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

You know you ruined the DVD cover when the size of the face of the star is crunching the available space for the title of the film.

I mean, there's been some giant fucking face before, but this is like he's squeezing the text in an attempt to fit more face on it.  In fact, he still looks agitated that the font is touching his cheek a little.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

mogwai

Sleepless

They forgot to put the full title - Collateral 5: Mission In Miami
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

mogwai

Haha, that's exactly what I thought. It looks like it's set in Miami. Maybe some wise ass used some background shots from Miami Vice.

Ravi

What is this, a board game?

Stefen

"I HATE THAT COVER." - Stefen, www.xixax.com
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

This theatrical poster should be ashamed of itself.

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

cronopio 2

that's like a VHS cover of a 1995 movie. it's kind of nostalgic, in a way, of an age when people were less demanding about good graphic design and were okay with three human beings posing as robots in their movie posters. i can already see that font jittering with acid colors in the title cards.