Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

Drill

Quote from: Drenk on January 28, 2021, 04:54:08 AM
What was the tweet?

EDIT: This is unrelated to Soggy Bottom, but I got scared reading that tweet.

https://twitter.com/indiewire/status/1354776238649450497

They're just throwing everything at the wall to see what will stick, huh? And I'm not so sure now that it's unrelated...

Robyn

No one here seems to be very fond of Him, huh? You guys didn't enjoy Women in Music Pt. III?

Edit: Haim I mean. I'm sure you all like HIM and Ville Valo!

Drenk

Having one half of Vampire Weekend helps to produce actual songs.
Ascension.

Tdog

Quote from: Drenk on January 28, 2021, 12:59:28 PM
Having one half of Vampire Weekend helps to produce actual songs.

Anyone wanna bet on a Magnolia-esque singing moment in Soggy Bottom with the Haim lady?

WorldForgot

Quote from: Robyn on January 28, 2021, 12:47:53 PM
No one here seems to be very fond of Him, huh? You guys didn't enjoy Women in Music Pt. III?

Edit: Haim I mean. I'm sure you all like HIM and Ville Valo!

I've defended them on here and shared tracks, but it seems moot to bring up at some point. So subjective and there's only like a dozen regularz on here anyway, lol.

Alethia

csage97

I don't mind them, I suppose. I saw them play on the big stage at a music festival once and I enjoyed their set. It was a particularly memorable experience because the stage was raised so high (as they are at festivals) and Este was wearing a short dress ... so they did their coordinated moves and of course the crowd cheered in unison every time they'd see up her dress, especially when it was on the big screen. Regardless, it was one of the better sets on the big stage, for sure.

I don't like the idea of 6+ (is that how many?) collaborative music videos and a co-lead role, only to have them score the thing. It would seem too insular at that point. But hey, I guess their late-70s/80s pop influence would kind of suit the period. However, their core sound is so pop-oriented and major key uppity that I just can't see there being enough versatility to provide a whole soundtrack for a movie. I don't see any evidence of extensive knowledge of period music either. But I guess it depends on the type of movie. I still don't see a full "score" happening.

I think it would be more likely that a new track or two from Haim would be written and recorded for the movie -- if anything -- and the rest of the score would be overseen by someone else.

wilberfan

Prolific Special Effects Shop Is At Center Of Major Explosion That Extensively Injured 4 People, Rocked Santa Clarita – Update

QuoteSources have confirmed to Deadline that the explosion at a Santa Clarita commercial park late Tuesday afternoon involved a popular visual effects shop known as J.E.M. F/X.

There were 3 people reported rushed to the hospital yesterday. Deadline has confirmed that a fourth person was also injured. Among those hospitalized in the blast was shop owner Elia Popov. All are expected to make a full recovery.

QuoteJ.E.M. is prolific, with the shop or Popov having worked on such projects as Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation, The Mandalorian, Us, and upcoming projects like Marvel's Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, Morbius and the next Untitled Paul Thomas Anderson Project.

:shock:

kingfan011

I wonder which we'll hear first the complete cast list or who will be scoring or if it will just be needle drops?

Also about to start the new Mike Nichols biography. I hear its amazing.

Drill

https://www.theorchestranow.org/greenwood-qa/

QuoteYou've scored many films directed by Paul Thomas Anderson. Are there any other directors in particular that you would like to work with someday? I was also wondering what your favorite film scores from the past decade are.

P.S. The score to Phantom Thread is amazing and "House of Woodcock" is a really special track.
–Sean Flynn, TŌN violist

I don't imagine there are better directors to work for than PTA and Lynne Ramsay—though I'm currently in the middle of scoring films for Jane Campion and Pablo Larraín, and they're both really open-minded and collaborative in the best way. So, I'm very lucky indeed. It's so helpful having a solid reason to write music that involves a) someone else's opinions, and b) a nice crunchy deadline.

Best score in the last 10 years? The score to Midsommar was very underrated. Not least because I love recorders.

So, along with "Spencer", Greenwood is also scoring Jane Campion's new film. It kind of sounds like he's not involved with this? We'll find out soon, I guess.

kingfan011

Quote from: Drill on February 19, 2021, 07:23:53 PM
https://www.theorchestranow.org/greenwood-qa/

QuoteYou've scored many films directed by Paul Thomas Anderson. Are there any other directors in particular that you would like to work with someday? I was also wondering what your favorite film scores from the past decade are.

P.S. The score to Phantom Thread is amazing and "House of Woodcock" is a really special track.
–Sean Flynn, TŌN violist

I don't imagine there are better directors to work for than PTA and Lynne Ramsay—though I'm currently in the middle of scoring films for Jane Campion and Pablo Larraín, and they're both really open-minded and collaborative in the best way. So, I'm very lucky indeed. It's so helpful having a solid reason to write music that involves a) someone else's opinions, and b) a nice crunchy deadline.

Best score in the last 10 years? The score to Midsommar was very underrated. Not least because I love recorders.

So, along with "Spencer", Greenwood is also scoring Jane Campion's new film. It kind of sounds like he's not involved with this? We'll find out soon, I guess.

Definitely getting that suspicion. Maybe its just needle drops/

Yes

Yeah, it's probably needledrops which isn't too shocking

Would love a Jon Brion reunion but this doesn't sound like the right project

Drill

It's going to be Haim, isn't it? :lol: That animated thing they're scoring had to have been a warm-up/hint. Probably what I deserve after all my complaining about them.

pynchonikon

Yeah based on BN and IV soundtracks, it would be safe to assume that they will mostly use '70s hits accompanied by a couple of original tunes, perhaps even a new song too.

Yes