There Will Be Blood - now with child/partner forum we call H.W.

Started by depooter, March 27, 2005, 02:24:56 PM

Astrostic

I think that is a really great poster, though I'm not too keen on the tagline.

I wonder when www.paramountvantage.com/blood will go live/what will be on it.

Stefen

It looks awesome. Very creative. I see he's going with that olde english font for everything. It reminds me of a cholo tagging a wall.

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Astrostic on September 06, 2007, 07:44:36 PM

I like it. It's not a general tag line. Tag line and the title are seemingly one sentence on the poster. It gives "There Will Be Blood" a lot more meaning.

The poster is gorgeous. If I like the movie as much as I think I will, I'll buy it for sure. Easily the best poster for any of his films.

Sad to see "P.T. Anderson" is no more. I liked how cute the name was. But like in City of God, Lil' Dice had to grow up to become Lil' Ze. P.T. Anderson is finally Paul Thomas Anderson!

picolas

pumba

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet on September 06, 2007, 09:06:22 PM
Quote from: Astrostic on September 06, 2007, 07:44:36 PM

Easily the best poster for any of his films.

I thought the theatrical punch-drunk love poster (not that stupid sandler's head shit) was one of the greatest posters ever.

B.C. Long

I wonder if this is legitimately rated R? What I mean by legitimate is did they rate this R just because Anderson said so or because it deserves that rating. Because "Some Violence" doesn't seem warrant an  R rating.

Pubrick

that's all well and excellent, but am i the only one bummed that they changed the title to "Chere Mill Be Blood"?

way to drop the ball, Paul. sheesh.
under the paving stones.

maya kash

"Money is the blood of the planet.  Heal the money and we can heal the world."

"Put your mouth where my money is."

Pubrick

i believe in this gag.  :yabbse-sad:

when ambition meets faith: Chere Mill Be Blood.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Quote from: B.C. Long on September 07, 2007, 12:16:59 AM
I wonder if this is legitimately rated R? What I mean by legitimate is did they rate this R just because Anderson said so or because it deserves that rating. Because "Some Violence" doesn't seem warrant an  R rating.

The title alone tells you how violent it will be.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

matt35mm

Isn't it illegal to put the R-rating on the poster if it isn't rated R?

I do believe the MPAA grants something like a pre-approval based on a script and maybe some rough cuts which is subject to change upon viewing the final cut, or if the studio agrees to deliver something that the MPAA would grant an R to (effectively meaning that the director signs an agreement to deliver a movie that would be rated R).

Actually I'm entirely speculating on that.  Also ratings have been known to change, even on the posters.  I remmeber Princess Mononoke had posters with a PG rating on them, but the movie was officially rated PG-13 upon release, and The Fountain went from R to PG-13 after an appeal.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: Pubrick on September 07, 2007, 12:50:16 AM
i believe in this gag.  :yabbse-sad:

when ambition meets faith: Chere Mill Be Blood.

I believe in it too. I LOLed.
Si

The Red Vine

I'm glad to finally see a poster, so I will consider it my birthday gift today. But compared to PTA's other posters,  I find it disappointing.

It's too bland when put with the sheer creative designs of the Magnolia frogs poster, or the Punch Drunk Love. It's just text and nothing else to spark interest, which makes it hard to stand out from many other posters. But I'm crossing my fingers for another design.
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

Fernando

Great poster, just this morning I was thinking how long we had to wait since the movie it's three months and change away.

I'm glad that he changed PT for his entire name, sounds better to me.

modage

its not my favorite, but its not my least favorite.  wait, maybe it is.  but does anybody else find it weird to see a Miramax logo on a PT poster?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.