Batman Begins

Started by ©brad, February 19, 2003, 01:10:29 PM

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Just Withnail

Quote from: peteit's easy to beat a tim burton batman: provide an actual bruce wayne character and more interesting action scenes, that's it.

True, but the Burton Batman's (in my case) have the benefit of nostalgia, of being one of my favorite childhood films. Elfman's theme will be hard as hell to top, though I'm betting, like the film, the music goes into a more sombre, downplayed and entirely different territory. Neither does Nolan have a quarter of Burton's eye for visuals, though in the long run I'll probably take a preferance to Nolan's version, on the grounds that all of the things I've stated as qualities in the Burtons I'll substitute anyday for exactly the things you mention; better characters and fight scenes that are actually put some work into.

Derek

Quote from: Sleuthwhat sort of bashing did it get at ComiCon?

Well, the teaser was expected to play there, and when it didn't the fans felt ripped off. Also, Bale and Nolan taped a 45-second video segment where they apologized for not being there, during which Bale looked bored/pissed off. Cillian Murphy, who was there also had the bored/pissed off vibe (from the reports I've heard) down pat, and no information that really wasn't already known was presented.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Derek
Quote from: Sleuthwhat sort of bashing did it get at ComiCon?

Also, Bale and Nolan taped a 45-second video segment where they apologized for not being there, during which Bale looked bored/pissed off.

............well,, you cant really blame  bale for being like that.........nolan is one boring guy........his commentaries and interviews are so slow-paced and tiresome.........even nolan seems bored by his onself......
i would rather watch a crack head mother breast feed my best friend than listen to nolan talk............

nix

Not only does that not sound boring, It actaully sounds pretty damned interesting in a Harmony Korrine kinda way.
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

ShanghaiOrange

Scorsese should make a movie of The Dark Knight Returns.
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

SiliasRuby

Quote from: ShanghaiOrangeScorsese should make a movie of The Dark Knight Returns.
I'd be willing to see that, but doubt that will ever happen.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Myxo

Can we get Tim Burton to make Goodfellas 2 right after?

;)

ShanghaiOrange

If Tim Burton did Goodfellas Henry Hill would be an eccentric, pasty-white guy and the Mob would be a strange, dark fantasy.
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

matt35mm

Yeah but if Scorsese did Batman, Gotham City would be a city of mobsters (but not stylized comic book types, just the tough-talking ball-busting types) and Batman would be... Henry Hill.

Pubrick

and if i did sumthin then yeah.
under the paving stones.

Derek

Having the strong willpower that I do, I read the script for this the other day. I am still excited about it, but the script isn't quite so fantastic as we've been led to believe on this. It's good, but not great.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Raikus

Does an Alien and Predator show up at the end? Because I think that's what's been missing.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

A Matter Of Chance

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks