Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

Drill

We only knew about DDL when PT started shooting. But that was different because he's the only big name in the film. I'm assuming that that's not the case here. Maybe in the next few days, the trades will announce the rest of the cast.

pynchonikon

Three more set photos as they prepare for tonight's filming. Beautiful to say the least. Once Upon a Time in the Valley.
(Source: Pamela Chelin)

jenkins

the some dude is b coops with a beard

Drill

jviness02

So B Coops probably isn't a politician. Something tells me that information about describing the other characters might have been false.

Drill

Quote from: jviness02 on August 24, 2020, 12:26:13 AM
So B Coops probably isn't a politician. Something tells me that information about describing the other characters might have been false.

Now I understand him wanting Cooper even less....

pynchonikon

He definitely doesn't look like a politician (the reports about which role he's up for were totally vague, after all), but it would be careless to come to a conclusion about the leaks so soon imo.

jviness02

Quote from: Drill on August 24, 2020, 12:32:31 AM
Quote from: jviness02 on August 24, 2020, 12:26:13 AM

Now I understand him wanting Cooper even less....

Yeah...I feel like it's gotta be a smaller part in the ensemble with Cooper filming Nightmare Alley, so maybe it'll be alright. I trust PTA.

Speaking of Nightmare Alley(I know a bit off topic) as someone who's a huge fan of the original, I have zero interest in a remake even if it's from someone like GDT.

jenkins

it's funny bc as a cinephile sure i support the Edmund Goulding movie and as a literary person i'm all about the William Lindsay Gresham novel

a better movie can be made. it's not an excellent book in the first place if we're realtaking. there's a lot of possibility. Kim Morgan is the cowriter, coming off of writing with Guy Maddin. it might suck and it might not

the PTA movie thing. oh if he's a politician or what role he is and all that. we're talking about situations in which time will reveal what's true

Rooty Poots

Quote from: pynchonikon on August 24, 2020, 12:43:57 AM
He definitely doesn't look like a politician (the reports about which role he's up for were totally vague, after all), but it would be careless to come to a conclusion about the leaks so soon imo.

Doesn't look like he's playing the director role either (assuming the rumored character descriptions were even accurate).
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

Alma

He kind of looks like a cult leader or something.

jviness02

Quote from: pynchonikon on August 24, 2020, 12:43:57 AM

True. Just speculating.

Maybe he's not a politician, but a political activist. That fits him beating some dude up. Or maybe he's just a politician who likes to beat people up. Hahah

pynchonikon

Several film crew photos from Instagram

Apparently a Haim sister was detected on set?!?! Wilberfan you better talk!

Tdog

He's hardly dipping his toe into Scientology again is he?