Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

wilberfan

I'd forgotten how nicely shot and edited that scene is.  😂 

Drill

Hence my previous post.

wilberfan

"Pushing Thirteen" became "Boogie Nights", so maybe "Soggy Bottom" might become...what...? 

"High Seventies"? 
"Actually Famous"?
"Coogan Law and Order"? 

Drenk

Ascension.

Drill

Phantom Thread was only the title because he couldn't think of anything better when it was time, right? I still think it was kind of weak.

Drenk

Same with The Master. But I grew fond of Phantom Thread.
Ascension.

Alethia

I loved it from the start. And The Master was originally called The Split Saber, which I also think kind of owns. nah

ThereWillBeOreos

Quote from: eward on March 19, 2020, 12:14:13 PM
I loved it from the start. And The Master was originally called The Split Saber, which I also think kind of owns.

Is there a source for this? Though I like The Master, The Split Saber is also interesting.

Drill

The Master was also The Cause, right? In both cases, he was forced to give in because the internet ran with it.

Alethia

Quote from: ThereWillBeOreos on March 19, 2020, 12:18:46 PM
I loved it from the start. And The Master was originally called The Split Saber, which I also think kind of owns.

Is there a source for this? Though I like The Master, The Split Saber is also interesting.

Well wouldn't you know I just checked the source I was thinking of and lo and behold it turns out I'm mistaken. It was indeed originally called The Cause, and Untitled Western, according to Madisen Beaty (Doris).

http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com/2013/02/interview-making-master-with-actress.html

Sorry everyone.

wilberfan

"Soggy Bottom" has already been posted to r/PaulThomasAnderson.  I guess this will spread just like COVID-19 at this point.

[edit] Actually, the time stamp indicates it was posted to
from r/paulthomasanderson
9 hours ago (at this posting).

Drenk

Quote from: eward on March 19, 2020, 12:27:49 PM
Quote from: ThereWillBeOreos on March 19, 2020, 12:18:46 PM

Well wouldn't you know I just checked the source I was thinking of and lo and behold it turns out I'm mistaken. It was indeed originally called The Cause, and Untitled Western, according to Madisen Beaty (Doris).

http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com/2013/02/interview-making-master-with-actress.html

Sorry everyone.

Unfortunately, such a huge mistake is worthy of a ban for life.  :(

My title for The Master would be: Master & Masturbator.
Ascension.

trytotell

Y'all aren't really buying this, right?

Alethia

We have nothing better to do.

wilberfan

Exactly.  I'm tired of my toilet paper fort already.