Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

trytotell

Quote from: Something Spanish on August 29, 2019, 07:59:30 PM
Quote from: eward on August 29, 2019, 07:29:15 PM
Quote from: Pringle on August 29, 2019, 06:11:22 PM
I don't think there is any other actor that could have done Doc as well as Phoenix.

It's Joaquin's best performance.

i'll second that, although freddy quell is just a hairlip behind

Third, and add Two Lovers. Those 3 are his best.

TIFF market is about to begin. Maybe some announcement...Not holding my breath this time though.

Lempwick

So...September arrives, and no word.   I don't think RDJ has announced his next project yet, though.

Something Spanish

I'm in no rush for news, the man gave us 3 masterpieces with a 5 year span, he can take his time with the next one.

pynchonikon

Given that 2020 will be one of the most crowded years of recent memory (new Fincher, new Dominik, new Nolan, new Spielberg, possibly new Glazer, new Apichatpong, new Charlie Kauffman, new Wes Anderson, new Villeneuve, new del Toro etc), perhaps a possible delay for 2021 shouldn't be such a bad idea.

Yes

Was Pattinson one of the names previously floated around as the Lead?

pynchonikon

Quote from: BigSock on September 13, 2019, 09:09:38 PM
Was Pattinson one of the names previously floated around as the Lead?

the guy who brought the casting rumours had clearly ruled out Pattinson back in April

Tdog

It was hinted at  being one of the following:

DeNiro
Penn
Downey Jr.
Franco

My guess would be that DeNiro or RDJ are the most likely candidates. Him and RDJ have wanting to work with each for years AND DeNiro said in an interview last year that he had met up with PTA. I could see PTA writing for both of them though.

jviness02

Quote from: Tdog on September 14, 2019, 05:54:22 AM

DeNiro
Penn
Downey Jr.
Franco

My guess would be that DeNiro or RDJ are the most likely candidates. Him and RDJ have wanting to work with each for years AND DeNiro said in an interview last year that he had met up with PTA. I could see PTA writing for both of them though.

DeNiro would be a dream come true.

But do we even trust this guy at this point after he bailed?

Drenk

Maybe Paul Thomas Anderson has put a price on the head of our main insider?

Anyway, it's definitely not starting principal photography this fall. I'd like to be wrong, but...

There's no reason to keep the project secret.
Ascension.

Yes

Quote from: jviness02 on September 14, 2019, 08:41:28 PM
Quote from: Tdog on September 14, 2019, 05:54:22 AM

DeNiro
Penn
Downey Jr.
Franco

DeNiro would be a dream come true.

But do we even trust this guy at this point after he bailed?

It was reported after this guy posted that Leo "passed" on PTA, doesn't feel like a coincidence but maybe he got lucky/heard something vague

Capote

How would DeNiro be cast in a role DiCaprio turned down? They're 30 years apart in age.
Also, hope he doesn't cast gimmicky actors like Sean Penn or James Franco.

Time for PTA to work with my boy Ryan Gosling.

Also, I hope he's not making that Tiffany Haddish film anymore. She's been very overexposed these past couple years and her schtick has worn off.
Nah fuck this. I have a choice between shit with the FBI or Getting my fucking IP leaked? you guys are fucked. im not leaking shit. leak my fucking IP, Im done

pynchonikon

martinthwarrior (who is an old member of the pta thread in xixax from what i have seen and has been proved to be valid in the past, so I would take his words under consideration)  seemed pretty sure about the name of the lead when he was writing about it, and he also seemed as surprised as everyone when the name of DiCaprio was leaked.

so my speculation is that Leo was offered a supporting part that perhaps wasn't as showy as he wanted (like in the case of Django) and he preferred to move on with something more juicy like del Toro's (despite that he eventually dropped out) or Killers of Flower Moon.

I can see De Niro being offered a supporting role, as well, but not really a lead at this point.

I can't imagine Haddish leading a pta movie, too, perhaps she would fit better in an ensemble cast, but you never really know. Does he have another PDL in him?

Tdog

Quote from: Pynchonikos1994 on September 15, 2019, 05:41:00 AM
I can see De Niro being offered a supporting role, as well, but not really a lead at this point.

I was hoping if anybody could work with DeNiro to give him a juicy lead and let him carry a movie again it would be PTA.

As for the Tiffany Haddish movie, who knows? I think Haddish said that her, PTA and Maya Rudolph were collaborating.
I'll say this: If they did a movie set in the jazz scene in 30's L.A (as was suggested by Haddish) then who would play the club owner?

Drenk

Ascension.

trytotell

Yeah, there are so many other black actresses I'd rather see him work with than Haddish. But perhaps his idea for that would be an ensemble. Whatever it is, I'd love to see him bring April Grace back for a role. The stealth MVP of Magnolia, IMO.

The DiCaprio thing was weird. It was just one tweet and it was mentioned as an aside. Maybe he just heard PTA was cooking up something and made calls around town wondering what it was, then found out there was no role for him. They all reported that he was in talks for Joker too, but apparently he never even met for the role and it was written specifically for Joaquin.

Martinthewarrior's exclusives for PT were more or less accurate. I believe him, just want another update.  :yabbse-grin: