There Will Be Blood - now with child/partner forum we call H.W.

Started by depooter, March 27, 2005, 02:24:56 PM

Stefen

John Rambo >>>> There Will Be Blood. And it's not even close.

They should really look into swapping titles.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SiliasRuby

I saw the poster at the arclight in hollywood when I saw Michael Clayton the second time. It looks pretty decent to me. Still excited.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Stefen

So that IS the poster? And not just some cruel joke by some dickhead?  :yabbse-thumbdown:
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SiliasRuby

You are correct. The picture of the poster you see above, is actually it.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

picolas

Quote from: cigs scoopercovered with oil and looking scarier than scary
WTF

Stefen

Ugh. Trying to stay positive.

You know, that's just a PICTURE of the poster, and it's at an angle. Maybe in real-life it's in 3D.

modage

Quote from: Marty McSuperfly on October 18, 2007, 01:32:24 PM
The script is now up at Cigs and Red Vines...

Must. Not. Read. Must. Not. Read.
they took it down. imagine that paul & co. did not want every fanboy having access to it. 
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Marty McSuperfly

Now, if only the poster looked like the soundtrack cover... Beautiful

Marty McSuperfly

From Amazon: Guitarist Jonny Greenwood has composed a hauntingly dramatic instrumental score for Oscar nominated writer-director
Paul Thomas Anderson s ambitious new film, There Will Be Blood. An adaptation of the Upton Sinclair novel Oil!, the movie features
Daniel Day-Lewis in what The Hollywood Reporter has described as a powerhouse performance... it s a certain awards contender.
Greenwood s remarkable compositions, written primarily for strings, have already garnered considerable praise in advance reviews.
The score resembles his rock compositions only in the level of daring and inventiveness to be found throughout these tracks and in the unsettling atmosphere he is able to conjure at key moments. Greenwood s score is more indicative of his current collaborations with the BBC Orchestra as Composer In Residence activities closely followed by Pitchfork Media and The Daily Swarm.
In fact, the score incorporates material from two orchestral pieces he created in that position, smear and Popcorn Superhet Receiver,
which will have its U.S. concert premiere this January when Greenwood appears at the Wordless Music Series in New York City.
There Will Be Blood takes Anderson in a radically different direction than his celebrated earlier films, Boogie Nights and Magnolia dazzling, attention-grabbing movies marked by multiple plot lines, ensemble casts and surreal visual elements. His last project,Punch Drunk Love, was a sophisticated comedy-drama with a smart pop score by composer-producer Jon Brion, released on
Nonesuch in 2002. Anderson s new work is a stark period piece filmed on arid Texas plains; critics have likened it to the brilliantly austere work of such revered directors as Stanley Kubrick and Terence Malick (Days Of Heaven). The Hollywood Reporter called Greenwood s score captivating...greatly contributing to the sense that tectonic forces lie beneath the drama.
The soundtrack to There Will Be Blood will appeal to serious movie-music fans, who will appreciate this rare find: an intelligent, beautiful
and deeply cinematic orchestrated score performed by the BBC Orchestra and London Sinfonietta that can hold its own next to the classic work of such composers as Bernard Herrman, Elmer Bernstein and Ennio Morricone.

Marty McSuperfly

Stefen

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

edison

The Red Vine

Looking at that better image of the poster, I don't hate it quite so much now. But it's far from the "brilliance" I was expecting.
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">