There Will Be Blood - now with child/partner forum we call H.W.

Started by depooter, March 27, 2005, 02:24:56 PM

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Neil

To put this simply. I'm pumped. greenwood will be exquisite, we all know pta wouldn't settle for less. What a huge point in my film life.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

tpfkabi

is Dano's character voodoo/fanatical in the book or is that PT's choice?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

edison

Quote from: bigideas on September 10, 2007, 11:19:51 AM
is Dano's character voodoo/fanatical in the book or is that PT's choice?

I don't even remember a character like that in the book. There was some conflict in trying to get that certain piece of land but I think DDl's character fixed it pretty quickly. The trailer seems to say that this conflict will be a primary focus. Remember that it has been said that the film is very, very loosely adapted. So yeah, while the idea of a father and son building an oil empire is there, it focused, if I remember correctly, more on the boy growing up.

Ghostboy

It's a big part of the book, although still not as big as it appears to be in the film - the character of Eli is an Evangelical preacher, whose beliefs (and hypcrocrisy) are set into sharp contrast with Bunny (the son's name in the book).

RegularKarate

I'm late to this trailer... so good.

This feels more PT than the teaser we got.  I'm getting shivers just thinking about it.

This > Darjeeling

©brad

Quote from: RegularKarate on September 11, 2007, 03:17:47 PM
I'm late to this trailer... so good.

This feels more PT than the teaser we got.  I'm getting shivers just thinking about it.

This > Darjeeling

Stefen

I remember watching the Magnolia trailer over and over again, just memorizing every part. I used to listen to Momentum on repeat. This trailer has that feel. I never got into PDL too much, it just felt small and a waste of time, but this, THIS is getting me pumped. I feel like a 15 year old kid again.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

maya kash

Quote from: Stefen on September 12, 2007, 02:23:27 PM
I feel like a 15 year old kid again.

Im confused.

Why exactly does watching the CMBB trailer remind you of whacking off repeatedly in the shower because you're getting no play from the 9th grade ladies?

Actually, stay in the shower and give us some quiet time to ourselves.

The thought of that makes me feel like a 38 year old parent again.

"Money is the blood of the planet.  Heal the money and we can heal the world."

"Put your mouth where my money is."

Stefen

Quote from: maya kash on September 12, 2007, 04:34:04 PM
Quote from: Stefen on September 12, 2007, 02:23:27 PM
I feel like a 15 year old kid again.

Im confused.

Why exactly does watching the CMBB trailer remind you of whacking off repeatedly in the shower because you're getting no play from the 9th grade ladies?

Actually, stay in the shower and give us some quiet time to ourselves.

The thought of that makes me feel like a 38 year old parent again.

HAHA, what the fuck was that?

Kid, I got almost as much play in 9th grade as your daughter does in 4th. And like your daughter, I had the fullest moustache in the whole school. I used to brush it with one of those switchblade combs you get at the toy stands at the state fair/rodeo.

Back up off me, foo!
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

maya kash

May I call you Jack, Stefen?

Yo, if I had a daughter, and she was in 4th grade, I would surgically fuse her labia shut to protect her from peddies like yourself.

And Foo, when I up on you, you will know this.  If nothing else for the intense burning pressure you will feel from the long rod fishing for intelligence in your spleen.

You're a funny kid, Jack.  Go watch the trailer again and let me break you off some more later.

:lol:

Stefen

This thread = not made for a boy to puff his chest towards a man.

Leave it to the PTA talk and if you wanna act a fool then meet me at the dice game.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

maya kash

Quote from: Stefen on September 12, 2007, 06:15:50 PM
This thread = not made for a boy to puff his chest towards a man.

Leave it to the PTA talk and if you wanna act a fool then meet me at the dice game.

"So you tell me, 'that's that' before I beat the hell from you."

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

I feel the only preface we had to this film, stylistically, was in the prologue to MAGNOLIA.

"Green, Berry, Hill...and I am trying to think that this was only a matter of Coincidence."

People in suits, the old days.

Whatev.

Just Excited.