There Will Be Blood - now with child/partner forum we call H.W.

Started by depooter, March 27, 2005, 02:24:56 PM

maya kash

Honestly.

If you can get "outside" your own "in"sanity, this is a disappointing/yawneresque trailer.

No one would give a damn if it wasn't a Small Bombus Handersand film.  Ok, maybe for Daniel a bit, but c'mon man. 

Get a hold of yourself.  On second thought, let go of yourself.

"Money is the blood of the planet.  Heal the money and we can heal the world."

"Put your mouth where my money is."

john

Quote from: maya kash on September 08, 2007, 01:57:39 AM
Honestly.
this is a disappointing/yawneresque trailer.

No one would give a damn if it wasn't a Small Bombus Handersand film.  Ok, maybe for Daniel a bit, but c'mon man. 

Total.... fucking.... bullshit.

True, this film wouldn't be getting the same kind of pre-release attention/adulation if it were by by, nearly, anyone else... but, c'mon, that's because it's by Paul Thomas Anderson. Whose filmography, if I'm not mistaken, is one of the main reasons this message board began in the first place. A message board that then, and now, expanded to house all kinds of different opinions and tastes, including some less-than-enthusiastic/more critical interpretations of Anderson's work. But, still, PTA is a Lynch-pin director here. Internet communities like this are pretty much started for people to geek out/fetishize/argue their core obsessions so, yes, more people are going to be talking about this film than whatever the fuck Ken Loach is doing next.

But you know  what? Even if this wasn't by PTA, it's still a visually stunning and exciting trailer. YOu might be able to argue that, with the exception of a few here, it might be given more slack than anything else that comes out this year, but that doesn't change the fact that the images , music, and dialoue presented here merit any praise and anticipation that comes next.

It's a wonderful promise the same way the trailer for No Country For Old Men is. And, simply from one film fan to another, I'm baffled that any of that could be considered "disappointing/yawneresque".

Really... what would it take to make that exciting to you? Describe it to me, scene-by-scene... because, if it beats that, you should probably be making movies and not making apathetic criticisms on a message board.

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

maya kash

Some comedic banter b/w cheadle and reilly about horses would have made it more exciting to me...

Or a c/u of DDL saying something like, "I'm Daniel Plainview"

Or just some fucked up wavy colors and strange music with intermittent shots of paul dano taking it from behind.

That would be exciting.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

maya kash

Tanks Bee Diddy

You can sniff me panties anytime

Cept when chere mill be blood

Come over sumtime and I'll show you my trailer...I call her rusty

children with angels

Oh, it looks very good... I'm going to stop myself from watching the trailer over and over though - once is enough: I don't want to become so familar with the images that they take on that second-hand quality when I see them in the cinema.

I wonder what, if any, parts of the music in the trailer were Greenwood. I was guessing the very percussive part was his, but then wasn't so sure about the string-orchestrated bit. It's not completely out of left field for him to do this I suppose - remember how crazy PTA was about Bodysong (he was even quoted on the DVD box here in the UK)... It's exciting, though also scary: Brion is the king and truly understands Anderson's style, whereas I don't remember being in love with Bodysong or its music. However, we shall see.
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

citizn

Quote from: children with angels on September 08, 2007, 09:22:38 AM
I wonder what, if any, parts of the music in the trailer were Greenwood. I was guessing the very percussive part was his, but then wasn't so sure about the string-orchestrated bit.

Yes, the percussive song is actually a Greenwood song from the Bodysong soundtrack. The song is called Convergence. I do hope this was just used for the trailer and that it will not end up in the movie. Nevertheless, it is an exciting trailer. I'm very interested to see how the story plays out between DDL and Paul Dano's character.

john

Quote from: maya kash on September 08, 2007, 03:51:03 AM
Some comedic banter b/w cheadle and reilly about horses would have made it more exciting to me...

Or a c/u of DDL saying something like, "I'm Daniel Plainview"

Or just some fucked up wavy colors and strange music with intermittent shots of paul dano taking it from behind.

That would be exciting.

Alright.

Add some shots of Philip Seymour Hoffman gambling boisterously and I'm in.

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

Kal

A Matter Of Chance

modage

Quote from: bluejaytwist on September 07, 2007, 09:57:40 PM
when they told me 'soon' i didnt think they meant tonight. official twbb site lives..

really?   when i click it i just get

Not Found

The requested URL /blood/ was not found on this server.
Apache/2 Server at www.paramountvantage.com Port 80

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Kal

it was up but the links where not working... so i guess they took it down.

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

this trailer makes the movie look so fucking cool

I wonder if anybody chuckles at the part where Paul Dano gasps

I know, it's a real reaction that would occur if you got slapped, and it's in the midst of a dramatic/awesome trailer, but it's still almost kinda funny

my favorite shot thus far is DDL in front of the Burning Tower with his back to us, with his hands up like he's conducting the demise of the thing

B.C. Long

Why don't I own this? WHY DON'T I OWN THIS!!?!

Freakin' awesome.

JG