Once upon a time in America (DVD)

Started by NEON MERCURY, July 06, 2003, 09:25:34 PM

NEON MERCURY

Has anyone seen/own this just  wondering how well the film is I have never seen it and thought that now being re-leased on dvd it might be worth a look.Is it worth buying?
Can anyone give me insight about the film/DVD/extras etc.

thanksINadvance

MacGuffin

All the restored footage makes the film so much better. It fills out the story line. And it looks so great letterboxed after having only seen it in pan-and-scan for so long. Being a huge Leone fan, I would highly recommend getting the DVD. It includes a nice snippet of a documentary (even talking with Woods and Tarantino) about Leone and his getting this film on screen. And after it's done, you wish the rest of the doc was included. Haven't listened to the commentary track all the way through (the film now runs 3 hrs. 50 mins.), but it's along the same interest as Schickel's track on the "Unforgiven" DVD.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

Man THAT is loooooooooooooooooong! (3hr. 50ms.) ...but none-the-less thank you I look forward to owning it