Worst Films of 2002

Started by life_boy, January 09, 2003, 06:01:40 AM

life_boy

Anyone want to talk about some of the worst films released last year?  Or any films that should have been so much better than they were (ie. Red Dragon)?

'Time Changer' was a horrible movie.  I'm not sure if anyone else saw it but it was a real piece of pretentious shit.

I hated 'Death to Smoochy'.  It was the biggest 'shame' of 2002 in my opinion.  So much talent wasted.

'Red Dragon' could have been great if it had had a director who knew anything about subtlety.  The script was good, the actors were great but what it needed wasn't someone who's previous films weren't 'Rush Hour' movies.

Dirk

I still cringe seeing anything related to 'xXx'. That movie gets my vote.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

life_boy

Well you should be pleased to know that the cast and crew are reuniting for the followup 'XXX2' in 2004.  Also, be sure to catch Vin Diesel's 'Oscar worthy' performance in 'A Man Apart' due later this year.

MacGuffin

"Orange County"
"Windtalkers"
"Showtime"
"The Truth About Charlie"
"Spy Kids 2"
"The Transporter"
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Xixax

Quote from: MacGuffin"Spy Kids 2"

Oh, look out now. Don't mess with diety.

Mike Judge is sacred territory!

You have to watch that movie through the eyes of a kid anyway. It's not meant for us movie snobs.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

MacGuffin

Quote from: Michael_WilsonYou have to watch that movie through the eyes of a kid anyway. It's not meant for us movie snobs.

I disagree, I don't think these films are entirely for kids. And even with the kid filled audience I saw it with, it was silent; no laughs or 'cool' comments, etc. I enjoyed the first one, but thought that this second one was very uninvolving as an audience member; I think it suffered from the sequel virus better known as "Been there, done that."

I've never considered myself a 'movie snob'. Hell, I saw "Crossroads" and thought it was better.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

budgie

Of the ones I've seen, but shit now can't even remember if it was 2002: About A Boy. Oh yeah, it was. Wasn't it?

help, what year is it now?

Oh God, and Sweet Sixteen.

Jeremy Blackman

Death to Smoochy
The Scorpion King
Collateral Damage
Die Another Day
Insomnia

bonanzataz

Ghosts of Mars. For an action movie, it was pretty damn boring.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

RegularKarate

Spy Kids 2 was good.  It just wasn't as good as Spy Kids.
Ghosts of Mars was what it was supposed to be and therefore Awesome.  (Banana Tan, I thought you liked JC)

My vote goes for Stealing Harvard... there was so much talent in that movie, yet so little funny.

bonanzataz

I do love John Carpenter, but Vampires was no good and Ghosts was not as good as it could have been. He should stick to his traditional horror gig, as action is not really his forte. On the old boards I said several times that I really liked Resident Evil because it was very actiony, they showed what you wanted to see, and dumbed it down so you didn't concentrate on the stupid things in the movie (like, why the hell would they take the survivors down to the hive anyway), and concentrated more on Milla Jovovich cracking zombies necks with her head. In Ghosts, it felt too much like it was trying to be a Resident Evil type movie, with the loud guitar music and killing the ghosts (or whatever they were), but it was just uninspired. It was a movie where I should've been going, "Aw shit, that's awesome, Ice Cube just shot up a zombie!" but instead it was more like, "well, whatever." Plus the ending was lame. Too much left open, but in a bad way.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

GodDamnImDaMan

Punch Drunk Love No nipples! No Poon! Nothing! You'd expect more with "Drunk love" in the name, but dont be fooled!!!!

About Schmidt although seeing Kathy Bates Naked did boost up the school of this little erotic thriller, my boner did cease everytime i saw Jack's stupid grin...

LOTR:The Two towers FUCK MIDDLE EARTH!!!!!!! FUCK IT I SAY!!!!! DIE MIDDLE EARTH!!!

:lol:
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

XL NEGRO

I guess none of you people have seen AMERICAN PSYCHO 2. Austin Powers: Goldmember was pretty awful too.

GodDamnImDaMan

Quote from: XL NEGROI guess none of you people have seen AMERICAN PSYCHO 2. Austin Powers: Goldmember was pretty awful too.

That's funny i believe those two are the best of the year, if not...THE BEST OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

tpfkabi

i agree Goldmember was horrible.
i didn't care too much for the Rules of Attraction....tried a little too hard to be cool and i don't care to watch men dancing in their underwear for extended periods of time
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.