The Comeback

Started by Fernando, August 01, 2005, 02:14:07 PM

Fernando

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: Fernando
Quote'The Comeback' a new series about a one-time sitcom star

Am I the only one who thinks they stole this idea from Larry David?
yeah i was about to say that as i was reading it..

Well...to be fair it doesn't quite steals LD's idea, it is about a one time sitcom star and the obstacles of getting another job (clearly Larry's idea), but she happens to be doing a reality show of her current life and we are watching the footage that they are filming, the approach isn't 100% comedy although there are some moments where ppl could laugh, but im not one of them, I've seen only the last two eps. Watching her behavior it's just plain awkward, she's trying the whole time to appear that everything is fine even though things fall apart in front of her, she does it because the 'reality' crew is filming her the whole time, so bad news arise and she just restraints herself and doesn't react with anger/desperation as it should be, god you wish she just burst in tears for one time sake.

The best so far is her acting, really great actually, I bet she will win either the golden globe, emmy or both, it's shot I think with DV camera, always hand held due to the reality thing.

I will keep watching it and see where it goes.

GodDamnImDaMan

The show is very depressing.

Kudrow does not make me cream my pants like she once did...
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

Kal

Yeah I never liked her in any of her non-Phoebe parts... and the idea was 100% Larry David anyways... it would have been cool if they used Julia Dreyfuss or Jason Alexander for this one

72teeth

:yabbse-shocked: God Dammit, Noooooo!!!.......just kidding :) .....

Kudrow's 'Comeback' Canceled

Former Friends star Lisa Kudrow is disappointed after learning cable network HBO has canceled her comedy series The Comeback. After Friends ended last year, Kudrow signed a deal with HBO to write, executive produce and stars in the mockumentary comedy about former sitcom star Valerie Cherish, who is desperately trying to revive her career. Although HBO ordered 13 episodes of The Comeback, the show only managed to gain 1.5 million viewers and received mix reviews. A publicist for HBO confirms, "(Co-creator) Michael Patrick King and Lisa Kudrow developed a uniquely original series. However, we looked at our schedule, and, given our future commitments, we felt we would not be able to give the show the support it needed."
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Weird. Oh

Quote from: 72teeth:yabbse-shocked: God Dammit, Noooooo!!!.......just kidding :) .....

Kudrow's 'Comeback' Canceled

Former Friends star Lisa Kudrow is disappointed after learning cable network HBO has canceled her comedy series The Comeback. After Friends ended last year, Kudrow signed a deal with HBO to write, executive produce and stars in the mockumentary comedy about former sitcom star Valerie Cherish, who is desperately trying to revive her career. Although HBO ordered 13 episodes of The Comeback, the show only managed to gain 1.5 million viewers and received mix reviews. A publicist for HBO confirms, "(Co-creator) Michael Patrick King and Lisa Kudrow developed a uniquely original series. However, we looked at our schedule, and, given our future commitments, we felt we would not be able to give the show the support it needed."

Is that the TV version of 'It's not you, it's me" ?
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

GodDamnImDaMan

Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz