Eraserhead DVD

Started by cowboykurtis, March 09, 2003, 04:03:40 PM

cowboykurtis

Has anyone seen the Eraserhead DVD that is being sold on DavidLynch.com? Is the transfer any good? I'm assuming he is the owner of the neg. and did the transfer supervising himself. However I have some reservations on ordering it. If anyone has the scoop, I'd love to hear about the disc.
...your excuses are your own...

©brad

i dunno, but i saw some shit yesterday at virgin that id never heard of. it was a three disc set w/ mulholland dr., lost highway, and eraserhead all on dvd. i forgot what the package was called, but it looked pretty dope. can't buy it though cause the shit wont play on my dvd player back home

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

there she blows. yeap, that's it alright.

cowboykurtis

what region is that triple threat dvd?

MacGuffin

Quote from: cowboykurtiswhat region is that triple threat dvd?

Region 2
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

DVDFile reviewed the disc:

Everything about this transfer is excellent. There is absolutely no dirt or detectable age-related artifacts apparent, which will likely prove to be a revelation to the film's enormous cult. Blacks are perfect and contrast terrific. This film has for so long suffered at the hands of poor video transfers that the amount of detail here is at first hard to believe. Shadow delineation is excellent, with fine textures noticeable and many shots delivering a true three-dimensional quality. There is no apparent edge enhancement nor compression artifacts detectable. Truly stunning.

Click on pic for more:

The amazing extras on this Eraserhead DVD come in the form of one complete documentary that runs nearly 90 minutes. In it are new interviews with most of those involved with the film, including stories and footage of the film's inception, development, production and distribution, and a whole bunch of heretofore-unseen photos and extra goodies. Seriously amazing, and likely to prove the case that having the filmmaker involved is essential to creating a great documentary.

Skeleton FilmWorks

budgie

What have I got to sell for $39.95 + postage = $50  :(

Have you got a copy yet anyone, so I can hate you?

cowboykurtis

sounds very inticing. i have a japanese laser disc that is a peice of shit.

sphinx

mennuuuu capps frommm sphhinnxxx

budgie

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: MacGuffinRegion 2

But why does the dvdfile review say Region 1? Is that a different DVD?  :o

MacGuffin

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: MacGuffinRegion 2

But why does the dvdfile review say Region 1? Is that a different DVD?  :o

Region 2 Eraserhead above with no extras. Region 1 below with doc and trailer.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Dekadetia

Quote from: budgieHave you got a copy yet anyone, so I can hate you?

Hate me, because an odd-looking black cardboard box from California appeared in my doorway this morning.

DavTMcGowan

Just getting into Lynch and I'd definitely buy this Triple Bill package.  Few questions:

Is this the barebones version of mulholland or does it contain all the bonus stuff?

Aside from that my biggest question is where can I get my hands on it?  Virgin.com makes no mention of it.  Nor does Amazon.com.

Oh, and the dumb question, what region do i need?  I know, i'm a retart, but i'm a loveable retart who needs understanding and kindness, not ridicule.  Thanks