Criterion News and Discussion

Started by Gold Trumpet, January 16, 2003, 06:18:19 PM

cinemanarchist

They can't handle the traffic yet, so they're holding off on giving out the promo code........cart filled....waiting.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

Stefen

What are you getting?

I'm going to get Paths of Glory and Days of Heaven for sure. Maybe Night of the Hunter.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cinemanarchist

Got Sweet Smell Of Success, Thin Red Line, Broadcast News, and BBS Box Set in the cart right now.

Kind of lame that it was 50% off of MSRP...but obviously much better than nothing.

Ravi

Got the BBS set but I want so much more.

Stefen

Sales over. I got Paths of Glory, Days of Heaven, Night of the Hunter, Yojimbo/Sanjuro Boxset, BBS Boxset and a hat.

I wanted to get Darjeeling and Bottle rocket, then I remembered how much I wanted to make Wes Anderson mad and salty that he isn't making lists or being purchased during Criterion/Xixax sales. He's going to steam out and either make a really excellent movie next or pick a fight with one of us. I'll guarantee it's the former.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

The Perineum Falcon

I bought M and Red Desert, my first Blu-rays!
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

john

Quote from: Stefen on February 25, 2011, 05:24:31 AM
Sales over. I got Paths of Glory, Days of Heaven, Night of the Hunter, Yojimbo/Sanjuro Boxset, BBS Boxset and a hat.

The sale applied to clothes, too?

Shit, I would've gotten a House shirt...

I'd picked out Fish Tank and Sweet Smell of Success, then added L'enfance nue to qualify for free shipping. I've never seen L'enfance nue, and I imagine I will enjoy it and not regret the purchase at all... but, still... a House shirt woulda been bananas.

Have fun with that BBS set... it's incredible.
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

Stefen

No, it didn't apply to clothes, but the hat was only $12 and I figured why not?

I kind of had too many beers last night  :drool: and ordered more than I should have. This happens sometimes. Also I forgot to put in the promo code. They took care of me tho. Thank god.

john

The other night I had  too many beers, then payed way too much to see Prince so - you know - we park our cars in the same garage, or whatever.

Well, knowing I didn't miss out on anything has convinced me that it's ok to go ahead and buy a House shirt at full price. Thanks for the inadvertent push in the "right" direction.
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

Stefen

haha no problem. I like the house shirt. I like that design. t-shirts fit me weird or else I would have bought that too.

Stefen

My stuff from last weeks sale hasn't even shipped yet. Has anyone received shipping confirmation? They already charged me last week and everything so I doubt it's a case of them not having the stuff in stock.

The Perineum Falcon

I got an email yesterday confirming that my order was shipped on friday. :ponder:
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

cinemanarchist

Mine shipped yesterday and is supposed to arrive on Thursday.

Pubrick

mine never shipped because i didn't place an order.

it should arrive tomorrow.
under the paving stones.

Stefen

Still haven't received my items  :yabbse-angry: The only thing they sent me was that stupid Criterion baseball cap. Yeah, I'm wearing it now, but only because I feel I have to. I hate it! :elitist: