HAIM - "Valentine"

Started by velociraptor, April 27, 2017, 09:45:40 AM

csage97

Ugh, the youtube compression is so bad. It makes it nearly unwatchable for me.

wilder

WorldForgot

Florencia Martin, the production designer on this, did buyer/dresser work on The Master, Her, and American Crime Story: Versace, as well as Set Decorator on Peele's Us (UPM'd by Daniel Lupi) and Twin Peaks The Return, which were both prod designed by Ruth De Jong (a fav of Malick's, too).

kingfan011

PTA is such HAIM uber fan. Its very cute.

Alethia

Nice. I particularly liked the diner bit, she looked like Lily Tomlin in Short Cuts.

Drill

He has no ideas for music videos anymore other than "walk around while I shoot" ? This is almost exactly the same as the last one. How much is he getting paid for these?

Something Spanish

it's more about the personal connection to the group than anything monetary.

©brad

Quote from: Drill on October 30, 2019, 03:22:34 PM
He has no ideas for music videos anymore other than "walk around while I shoot" ? This is almost exactly the same as the last one. How much is he getting paid for these?

There's a lot more happening in that video than just people walking around.

Alethia

Gotta keep in shape for the next feature.

Drill

Right. His music videos are little more than camera tests. Maybe if the people the videos are for were more interesting...

jenkins

um just as a general statement: the video isn't the problem

wilberfan

Guess we now know the short that will run before HARD EIGHT next week at the New Bev...

WorldForgot

Quote from: wilberfan on October 30, 2019, 07:40:48 PM
Guess we now know the short that will run before HARD EIGHT next week at the New Bev...

That'd be cool! But, I assume they like the Summer Girl video because it features the theatre as a star (and they've got that personal print).

Drenk

Haim found the right formula to make music that sounds absolutely like nothing to my ears. Good job.

This clip is better than the previous one, but he'll never do better than the first two.
Ascension.