Everybody loves Raymond

Started by molly, March 21, 2004, 07:00:08 PM

molly

i've seen few episodes, and i'm wondering why people like this show so much. It's like a very bad imitation of Seinfeld for entire family, or did i miss something?

cine

What's going to really drive you crazy is why Ray Romano is making $1.8 million per episode.

El Duderino

i dont like it either...and i really dislike patricia heaton, she sold out big time with plastic surgery and albertson's commercials
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Ravi

Quote from: El Duderinoi dont like it either...and i really dislike patricia heaton, she sold out big time with plastic surgery and albertson's commercials

http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=5651&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Quote from: El Duderinoi've seen anjelina jolie naked twice...once in Gia and the other in Original Sin, and i cant get enough....plus she looks really great in this movie....those lips,

:lol: *Growls* Mamasita :lol:

I think it is a pretty funny show, but sometimes they go overboard with the laugh track.

NEON MERCURY

..i don't like this show..seriously, even though its cheesy and not funny and really really annoying, and stupid...i still don't like it....everytime that welcome to mooseport tv spot comes on i cry...

Just Withnail

Quote from: CinephileWhat's going to really drive you crazy is why Ray Romano is making $1.8 million per episode.

You are very correct. I've got one friend too many who worships the show, and I've never even seen an ounce of humor in it. Maybe it's just an okey show I've learned to hate after having to sit through it with people who laugh at the most absurd places, but I just can't stand it, nor Ray Romano.

molly

i guess nobody likes Raymond. I thought i was crazy or blind for something.

grand theft sparrow

But honestly, what top-rated sitcoms on NBC, CBS, or ABC are actually worth watching?

Raymond has made me laugh once or twice on the very few occasions that I've stumbled across it but it's just like 90% of sitcoms out there, where you can just tell that the writers have a mix-and-match bag of every storyline of every successful sitcom in TV history and pick things out of it to write the show.

molly

Quote from: hacksparrow"I don't want FOP, goddammit! I'm a Dapper Dan man!"

hahahha my favourite George Clooney quote

i agree with you, it looks like copy/paste mixture of successful shows
I even like better that show with Lea Remini, of which i can't remember the name

Ravi

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

Everybody Loves Raymond: The Complete First Season (7/13)

I can see you are all drooling in anticipation.

Alethia

Quote from: hacksparrowBut honestly, what top-rated sitcoms on NBC, CBS, or ABC are actually worth watching?

friends

matt35mm

Quote from: mollyI even like better that show with Lea Remini, of which i can't remember the name
The King of Queens.  Kevin James is funny.

I like Everybody Loves Raymond, for the record.

Ravi

Quote from: eward
Quote from: hacksparrowBut honestly, what top-rated sitcoms on NBC, CBS, or ABC are actually worth watching?

friends

Friends used to be.  To me it went downhill when they made Rachel pregnant.  Some say it was when Chandler and Monica got married.  The latest episodes are just a parade of guest stars, like Will and Grace.

grand theft sparrow

friends

I repeat: Honestly, what top-rated sitcoms on NBC, CBS, or ABC are actually worth watching?

Raikus

Quote from: hacksparrow

friends

I repeat: Honestly, what top-rated sitcoms on NBC, CBS, or ABC are actually worth watching?
Scrubs and...

Scrubs.

I long for the short lived days of 'Andy Richter Controls the Universe' and 'Greg the Bunny.' "Crayons taste like purple!" *sigh*
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.