The Green Knight

Started by jenkins, April 20, 2019, 01:05:06 AM

Alethia

jenkins

you know everyone is wondering how long it will take to restore normalcy and midyear is the forecast indeed. i'd like to lean toward optimism and consider that a safe bet, with restoration happening before then, just because lol let it be over puh-lease

csage97

I simply cannot wait for this any longer. I think it's the first film with a trailer that's really gotten me excited like old times since the start of the pandemic.

Edit: I forgot about The French Dispatch, and I'm sure I'm forgetting about some others.  :doh:

jenkins

this is def on track to open July 30. the Arclight shuttered but oh well, Laemmle's Royal is open, Music Hall, and the Landmark too. i saw ATBS at the Landmark

jenkins

QuoteTHE GREEN KNIGHT by Anonymous; Translated with an Introduction and Notes by Bernard O'Donoghue; Foreword by David Lowery (Penguin Books; on-sale 7/13/21). Director David Lowery has contributed a foreword about how the poem inspired the upcoming film, and the book will be published just in time for the film's release on 7/30.

Shughes

New trailer. Intense!

Hard to say if there are spoilers or not - I definitely know more about the plot than I knew going in, so keep that in mind as you choose to watch (or not).

Alma

Looks great. Love the production design.

wrongright

Hopefully this will be his first film that I like.

Shughes

Quote from: wrongright on May 11, 2021, 10:10:36 AM
Hopefully this will be his first film that I like.

The guy hasn't missed yet, for my money.

I love some of his films more than others, but they're all solid (in my opinion).

Alethia

jenkins

St Nick. which was included as a special feature on one of his physical media releases

i'm not watching the new trailer because i'm already ready. it'll be a good post-plague viewing i'm sure

modage

Got goosebumps multiple times during this. Can't wait.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Jeremy Blackman

Just ran across this trailer in the dictionary under mise en scène

I'm getting serious "might become an all time favorite" tingles. It just checks so many boxes. And we know the execution is going to be dynamite. Clearly a lot of care and passion poured into this.

Robyn

Did you guys read the script reviews?

Spoiler: ShowHide
saying it's way weirder than what you might expect