Horror

Started by TenseAndSober, April 22, 2003, 05:01:56 PM

Gold Trumpet

This is kind of crazy, the "interactive horror film". I have no idea what to think of it, but I imagine it would be a lot of fun to participate in.

squints

Ed Gein is basis for a ton of horror/thriller movies, from Psycho to Silence of the Lambs...any time a horror movie says "Based on a True Story" there's rarely ever any truth to it.

Except for Salo, that shits totally real.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

modage

Who else is excited?  Netflix streaming should make it easier to see more new ones than before and I'm hoping to finally review a couple more favorites in the Best Horror Thread that I've been putting off the past few years.  I know there's a few more 10 Skull films out there.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

I AM!

I love this time of year. Horror movies!

I think I'm going to start with this one.

Has anyone seen it?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

RegularKarate

GF hadn't seen Exorcist or Candyman so we watched those on the first.
We're going to get Zombieland and The Shining out of the way next then I should start posting newer (to me) stuff here soon enough.

Super excited about October.

squints

Everyone should make it a point to watch House of the Devil, if you haven't yet, this Halloween.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

modage

It's on Netflix Streaming and I will definitely be watching that.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

socketlevel

Quote from: squints on October 05, 2010, 03:49:17 PM
Everyone should make it a point to watch House of the Devil, if you haven't yet, this Halloween.

agreed, what a wonderful film.

it's nice to know someone is still making the kind of horror movies i grew up on.
the one last hit that spent you...

Ghostboy

Ti West's new movie should be out by this time next year. It's going to be awesome.

classical gas

stefen, i've seen 'requiem' and it's a good flick, but more on the level of a bergman horror film.  if that makes sense to you.

Neil

I watched Rob Zombie's Halloween II.  Needless to say, it was a shitty way to start out.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Pubrick

i wish every month had a theme as resilient as this one continues to be.

must be a cultural thing, cos halloween doesn't mean shit over here.. the association of horror to this month feels arbitrary to me and every year i am astounded by the dedication ppl show by forcing themselves to trudge through the same films again and again.

if only there was a tarkovsky month, or a bresson month, or whatever.. someone with few films so that you could easily watch them if you FORCED yourself via the same blind automation that takes place every year in october.
under the paving stones.

Ghostboy

It's not blind, it's just effin' fun!

Stefen

October is just a fun month in the USA and Halloween kind of epitomizes it. The season is changing and it's getting colder and you're spending more time inside getting ready for winter and horror movies are always fun, but there's just something more fun about them at this time of the year.

To me it's always signaled the time when mindless summer entertainment is over and serious movie watching is set to begin again and horror movies are a nice bridge for that because it's a genre that has mindless drivel and good films.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

RegularKarate

Damn Stefen, you nailed it.

If I weren't so busy editing videos and preparing for my troupes third annual All-Halloween themed sketch show, I'd be watching a lot more Horror movies this week.

Friday is circled to be crammed with as many as possible though.