Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

grand theft sparrow

AMBIGUOUS SPOILER

He should have hammered a bullet into her fucking head with the butt of the gun.  Forget shooting her.

MacGuffin

Quote from: polkablues on November 23, 2005, 07:47:31 PMI think it's supposed to be Kate day tonight... I read somewhere that tonight we find out what it was she did that had her on the run from the law in the first place.

Wow, could your source have been more wrong? I mean, there's wrong, and then there's wrong. Whatever your source says, I'll add one week.

Quote from: andyk on November 23, 2005, 01:46:01 PM
Tonight I bet it will be all about the bicth Ana Lucia and her flashbacks

I'll listen to you from now on.

Quote from: hacksparrow on November 23, 2005, 09:18:34 PM
AMBIGUOUS SPOILER

He should have hammered a bullet into her fucking head with the butt of the gun.  Forget shooting her.

Man, I could've read off an entire list to Sayeed of what good that would have done.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Quote from: MacGuffin on November 24, 2005, 12:12:14 AM
Quote from: polkablues on November 23, 2005, 07:47:31 PMI think it's supposed to be Kate day tonight... I read somewhere that tonight we find out what it was she did that had her on the run from the law in the first place.

Wow, could your source have been more wrong? I mean, there's wrong, and then there's wrong. Whatever your source says, I'll add one week.

In hindsight, I might have been reading next week's "TV Guide". 

On the other hand, had I played that right, I could have looked freakin' psychic.

Anyway.  Ana Lucia: worst cop ever?  Discuss.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Gamblour.

This episode was structurally weak. The whole bit "What happened to [the guy who shot you]" and then BOOM flashback to what happened. It's never been so transparent before, like "What happened? Heeeeere's what happened." And then the whole pregnancy reveal, it just didn't work. They should've gone ahead and shown it before all that with Sayeed, or just not have had that conversation.

Ana Lucia is still a bitch.
WWPTAD?

Tictacbk

I agree with everything Gamblour said.  I'm just glad everyone is finally in one spot now.  I feel like now that all of that has been established the show can finally hit a certain flow it lost while jumping around so much from each side of the island. 

The hatch has just become something thats references via "Locke...the button."  It'll stay that way until Desmond reappears.  Apparently those others that got killed were in the Dharma jumpsuits. 

I'm hoping the security system comes back and throws Anna Lucia into a tree. 

elpablo

Quote from: Gamblour on November 25, 2005, 07:01:13 PM
This episode was structurally weak. The whole bit "What happened to [the guy who shot you]" and then BOOM flashback to what happened. It's never been so transparent before, like "What happened? Heeeeere's what happened." And then the whole pregnancy reveal, it just didn't work. They should've gone ahead and shown it before all that with Sayeed, or just not have had that conversation.

Ana Lucia is still a bitch.

one of the things i originally appreciated about Lost was the way they would show flashbacks and then later in the episode the character would say something or react to something and you would know that they said or did what they did because of what had happened in the past. it was a wonderful and subtle excercise in character development. that scene was like spoon feeding me the character's personality and it was pretty insulting.

edison

Lost Numbers Appear in Ireland Lottery... Mostly

Everyone knows that Hurley won the lottery (and inherited quite a streak of bad luck) by using the numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42, numbers which have since popped up quite often on the show.
   The numbers have become so popular that usage of that specific number combination has surged in lotteries around the USA and possibly the world. However, unluckily (or luckily if you believe in the power of the numbers), the numbers have yet to prove to be a winning combination.
   Until November 19, 2005.
   At the Irish National Lottery, the winning numbers for November 19 were 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 24 (Bonus: 19). Notice anything about the numbers? Yes, the first five are exactly the same as the Lost numbers, and the sixth - 24 - is 42 reversed.
   The official website for the Irish National Lottery indicates that 298 people matched 5 of the numbers correctly (and one reader reports that it's 4 times the average number of Match 5 winners). One wonders how many of these winners plugged in 4, 8, 15, 16, and 23.
   Which begs the question: Should we worry about a Hurley-like jinx for these people? Or will the luck of the Irish cancel it out?

grand theft sparrow

I just looked at my DVR queue for the next couple of days.  I don't remember the ad saying this on Wednesday night but this week's episode is going to be an "extended" one as well.  So set your recording device of choice to stop recording at 10:05.

Kal

Im out of town so I watched the episode by downloading it on iTunes... pretty nice and fast... the first chance I got to do it I downloaded in 15 minutes and watched it happy.

Anyways, I knew it was going to be about Ana Lucia because after shotting Shannon they had to try and show the reason of why she is such a bitch and I believe they are trying to make people like her, or at least stop wanting her dead.

I also read like polkablues that very soon they will reveal Kate's biggest secret, and I think it will happen in this next one because it would be cool if they focus a lot on her taking care of Sawyer and his reaction when he regains conciousness, as well as the interpretation of Ecko and the others about the Hatch. They didnt show it well, but the place where they stayed on the other side of the Island may have something to do with the hatch too, and it had the Dharma symbols too.

Other than that, I liked the episode... it was entertaining and it really finished a number of issues that were bothering me... like the old guy getting back to his wife, Jack meeting Ana Lucia (it was great when he heard the name and looked shocked), Jin and Sun, everyone knowing finally that the raft didnt make it, and of course seeing Locke, the hatch, and the beautiful Kate back in the action.

MacGuffin

Quote from: andyk on November 27, 2005, 11:23:37 PMI also read like polkablues that very soon they will reveal Kate's biggest secret, and I think it will happen in this next one...

It'll be this next episode. Last week's teaser said so.

Quote from: andyk on November 27, 2005, 11:23:37 PMThey didnt show it well, but the place where they stayed on the other side of the Island may have something to do with the hatch too, and it had the Dharma symbols too.

Quote from: MacGuffin on November 17, 2005, 12:30:04 AMInteresting how the Dharma symbol for the "tailies" was not the swan logo.  :ponder:

Notice too how Mr. Ecko stared at the Dharma symbol in the hatch.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ultrahip

just started watching this show and love it. about halfway through season 1, just a minor question i have that may have been answered, or else possibly not even worthy of a question, but anyway, in the episode when kate and sawyer find the u.s marshalls case in the lake with the waterfall, what is the case doing so far from the beach in that lake? and who are the dead people in the lake? passengers? were the chairs they were in airplane seats? couldn't tell. if they are from the plane, what was the u.s marshalls case doing under their seat, and not his, and how did they get launched so damn far?

maybe not important but this was kind of bothering me. great show, anyhow. neet to finish season 1 and download season 2 to catch up.

elpablo

i just assumed the case was under their seats because you put your shit under the seat in front of you and they must have been the people kate and the marshal were sitting behind.

Ultrahip

ah, i forgot you put stuff in front of you, but still, how did they get launched so damn far? this is bothering me more than the beast mystery.

polkablues

Quote from: Ultrahip Lobster Supper on November 29, 2005, 12:41:25 AM
ah, i forgot you put stuff in front of you, but still, how did they get launched so damn far? this is bothering me more than the beast mystery.

The plane broke in half in midair and continued to travel a ways before the actual crash.  It makes sense that a lot of stuff fell onto the island before the bulk of the plane actually went down.
My house, my rules, my coffee

edison

Quote from: polkablues on November 29, 2005, 02:21:41 AM
Quote from: Ultrahip Lobster Supper on November 29, 2005, 12:41:25 AM

The plane broke in half in midair and continued to travel a ways before the actual crash.  It makes sense that a lot of stuff fell onto the island before the bulk of the plane actually went down.

and remember that jack was tossed way out into the jungle and when he woke up he had to run to the crash site, so its not all that crazy to believe that the luggage could have also drifted into that lagoon.