Fleabag

Started by wilder, November 08, 2016, 06:53:03 PM

polkablues

Quote from: WorldForgot on September 17, 2019, 04:21:54 PM
Finally finished Season 1 of this show.
It's so tough to not binge.

Such an endearing riot. Waller-Bridge deservedly gets heaps of praise but it's also the editing + cinematography that keep it gold.  If you've been on the fence, jump off already.

Oh man, just wait until you get into season two, it's even better somehow.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Fernando

Yeah season 2 is something else, although the ending of season one is so unexpected, among the best season finales ever, on par with some GoT's, Br Ba and the season 3 of Lost.

I kept reading so much praise for this and it still managed to live up to the hype, PWB is so talented and I just saw she is part of the writing team of the next Bond.

WorldForgot

Yes, the crumbs of longing and guilt for Boo were executed so well in that last episode.

I dont want to finish the episodes quickly, but I am looking forward to season 2. I think the way this show diddles with sexuality (penis envy, slut shaming, microaggression, never too on the nose yet it's always out in the open) is interesting --
Spoiler: ShowHide
Did anyone else slightly suspect Boo had fallen for Fleabag? I know now that wasn't the case, but I wonder if anyone else read that red herring or if that was me projecting.

Fernando

I didn't binge watched, I saw one or two episodes a day in the span of two weeks and that gives you time to think about it.

About your spoiler tag, it never occurred to me but I can see why you thought that, I honestly didn't see it coming, what a terrific ending.

wilberfan

Phoebe Waller-Bridge Signs a Massive Overall Deal With Amazon
via /Film

QuotePhoebe Waller-Bridge has her post-Fleabag future in, well, the bag. Fresh off her six Emmy wins for the brilliant Amazon dark comedy series Fleabag, Waller-Bridge is teaming up with Amazon Studios again with a massive overall TV deal. Cue a Fleabag-style smirk at the camera.

Waller-Bridge has just signed a massive overall deal with Amazon to produce new television content that will premiere exclusively on Amazon Prime Video, according to Variety. The outlet reports that the deal is worth around $20 million a year.

The news of this deal comes right after Waller-Bridge cleaned up at the 2019 Emmy Awards this past Sunday for her sensational dark comedy series Fleabag, taking home the major awards for best comedy series, best writing in a comedy series, and best actress in a comedy series. Although Waller-Bridge has denied any chance of Fleabag returning for a third season, the talented multi-hyphenate isn't against collaborating with Amazon Studios again, which she praised in her statement following the announcement:

"I'm insanely excited to be continuing my relationship with Amazon. Working with the team on 'Fleabag' was the creative partnership dreams are made of. It really feels like home. I can't wait to get going!"

Jennifer Salke, head of Amazon Studios in a statement, added, "We are thrilled to be continuing our partnership with Phoebe at Amazon Studios! As evident in her great success at the Emmy Awards this week, she is clever, brilliant, generous and a virtuoso on multiple fronts including writing, acting and producing. Fleabag has been a gift to our Prime Video customers and we are excited for what comes next from this brilliant mind to dazzle and delight our global audience."

All eyes are trained on Waller-Bridge as she continues her meteoric ascent with the end of Fleabag. Waller-Bridge was recently brought on to punch up the script for Cary Funkanaga's James Bond film No Time to Die, and she's teased a feature film in the future to The Hollywood Reporter. "The day I wrapped Fleabag, I went to bed thinking, 'I'm never going to have another idea again. Oh shit.' I woke up with the vision of this film," Waller-Bridge said of this mystery film, which she's currently writing with the intent to direct.

But it seems like her deal with Amazon will remain strictly in the TV realm, an area in which she's excelled not only with Fleabag but shows like Killing Eve, the acclaimed BBC drama she created, and the 2016 sitcom Crashing. I can't wait to see what other sharp, hilarious, and heartbreaking stuff she has in store for us.