Where to rent old movies?

Started by prophet, May 16, 2004, 08:39:18 PM

prophet

I bought "The American Cinema" and i want to checkout some of the movies in there but they are all classics and Blockbuster only has all the new and "popular" movies not the old classics and AMC and TCM dont always show all the best ones, so i was wondering if anyone could suggest where i could rent much much older movies?
We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

RegularKarate

Netflix

or

A video store that is not Blockbuster

you're welcome

prophet

netflix has really old movies?" like 1929-60
We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

Ravi

RegularKarate

There were a LOT of movies made in that time period... are you looking for something specific?

prophet

not really i just want to view alot of old movies i have a book with ALOT of old directors.

modage

Quote from: prophetnetflix has really old movies?" like 1929-60
netflix has everything.  dont ever go to blockbuster again, they're terrible.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

prophet

ive only gone there about 5-6 times in the course of 6 years hah. how does netflix work?

prophet

how many dvds can i get at a time

RegularKarate

It's all there m'man... there's also a thread about Netflix somewhere around here.

basically, it depends on what plan you have... the standard is 3 at a time.

prophet

i think ill get it look slike a pretty good system

prophet

how do you pick out the movies? do you write them on the return thing or do you select them on the website or what?

ono

Like RK said, why don't you just check it out for yourself instead of asking us?  Or check out the other Netflix thread here?

Basically, you put all the movies you want in a queue (up to 500).  You order them based on priority, and the first three (or however many you paid for) get shipped to you.  You watch them.  You laugh.  You cry.  You throw things.  You dance around the room.  You send them back whenever you feel like it and they send you back the next movie in your queue.  Repeat.

prophet

what if i change my mind and dont want the movies next inline but movies 18 places up?