Favorite Fight Scenes (Spoilers!!)

Started by El Duderino, April 20, 2004, 07:36:17 PM

Redlum

\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Weak2ndAct

A random scattering of faves:

- The Parallax View: Warren Beatty vs. The Hick Deputy (which starts over a glass of milk!)
- The Matrix Reloaded: Burly Brawl
- Barry Lyndon: Ryan O'Neal vs. some British dude
- Lethal Weapon: Gibson vs. Busey (!)
- Escape from New York: Snake in the ring vs. that bald dude
- Fireworks: Takeshi Kitano and a rock vs. some Yakusa (albeit short, but Kitano kicking any ass is tops in my book)

On TV:
- Alias: Jen Garner vs. Merrin Dungey (end of season 2)
- The Simpsons: Homer vs. Bart's 'new dad' (I forget which episode, it ends w/ Homer bent backwards over fire hydrant)

SoNowThen

2 from Raging Bull:

The "he ain't pretty no more" fight, and the last one against Sugar Ray.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Raikus

The Thunderdome fight in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Kal

The Matrix Revolutions - Final Fight Neo vs. Smith
Kill Bill Vol. 1 - Uma Thurman vs. Crazy 88 & O-Ren-Ishi
Rocky vs. Apollo Creed

Dottie_Hinkle

I love the whole fight sequence (with speedboats) in Face Off.  And speaking of Michelle Yeoh, how about the scene in Supercop when she does the handstand on a speeding bus????  WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Does Anyone Know Where I can get the soundtrack/score to BANANAS?

El Duderino

i've always liked the fight between Keanu Reeves and Dennis Hopper in Speed.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

jasper_window

Mark Wahlberg and Joaquin Phoenix in The Yards.
Christian Slater and Gary Oldman in True Romance.
(Completely one-sided) Ray Liotta pistol whipping the neighbor in Goodfellas.  "You want somethin' fuck-o?"  (He hits him 11 times)

cine

Quote from: jasper_windowRay Liotta pistol whipping the neighbor in Goodfellas.  "You want somethin' fuck-o?"  (He hits him 11 times)
He doesn't say that.  :?

jasper_window

Quote from: 50 Centiphile
Quote from: jasper_windowRay Liotta pistol whipping the neighbor in Goodfellas.  "You want somethin' fuck-o?"  (He hits him 11 times)

I should have clarified:  The neighbor says it to Liotta when he walks over and his answer is to pistol whip him. :-D

Dottie_Hinkle

Quote from: jasper_windowChristian Slater and Gary Oldman in True Romance.

This is great choice!  The non-edited version is worlds better.....
Does Anyone Know Where I can get the soundtrack/score to BANANAS?

samsong

Takeshi Kitano's Zatoichi... all of it.

Alethia

Quote from: jasper_window

I should have clarified:  The neighbor says it to Liotta when he walks over and his answer is to pistol whip him. :-D

actually it's "what do you want fucker, you want some?"    :-D

cine

Quote from: eward
Quote from: jasper_window
actually it's "what do you want fucker, you want some?"    :-D
I didn't think the neighbour said that line either.. I thought only De Niro said "fucko" in Goodfellas.

rustinglass

the two brothers fighting in mystic river is brilliant
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica