verbing name

Started by slice, January 09, 2004, 12:29:46 AM

Raikus

So much for titling my current screenplay "Feeding Eddy."

Off I go to think up another title...
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

RegularKarate

Jeremy Blackman

Just from 2003:

Capturing the Friedmans
Bringing Down the House
(Finding Nemo)

The Singing Detective
The Fighting Tempations

godardian

Did anyone say Leaving Las Vegas yet?

Or Regarding Henry (though that may not strictly be a verb...?)
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: godardianOr Regarding Henry (though that may not strictly be a verb...?)

Preposition, maybe?

godardian

Quote from: Jeremy Blackguffin
Quote from: godardianOr Regarding Henry (though that may not strictly be a verb...?)

Preposition, maybe?

Hey, you'd know better than me. I'm okay at creating sentences, I think, but terrible at diagramming them. I could use a refresher course in those kinds of basics.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Pubrick

regarding is a verb in that title.
under the paving stones.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Pregarding is a verb in that title.

Not if there's an implied subject. If you think of it as "a movie regarding Henry," it's a participial* preposition... in the same way that "about" or "of" would be prepositions.

*participial because there's an "ing"

Xixax

Boogieing Nights
Punching Drunk Love
Magging Nolia
Harding Eight
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

©brad

Quote from: Regular XixaxHarding Eight

erotic.

NEON MERCURY

.......would the poster still be as ""Classic"..if moore didn't gracefully and w/ a hint of sexuality...cross her leg over that young fellow's leg.....?

it looks like they were at a park...and stop to feed some pidgeons and then he told her that she was lovely...and she started to blush...and then  on "da carpe diem tip"....she decided to cross her leg over his.......

i could see this poster as a postcard on a soriority girls desk...

::rubs the back of his neck::