Potential... but no...

Started by SoNowThen, January 08, 2004, 04:27:19 PM

pete

I'm not talking about batman from too much of a retrospective; I remember the hype when I was in second grade and remember how disappointed I was (obviously back then I didn't appreciate the art direction and stuff), then saw it again when I was 13, then once in high school, then once last month.  Same reaction, man.  Parts of it were cool, but like the suit, it was very clunky and unsatisfying at parts too.  Aside from the action scenes, the movie itself was extremely straight-forward, in a boring kind of way.

I still think indiana jones is better than the movies we have today.  I mean all it comes down to, most action movies in recent hollywood history are this: american filmmakers stealing stunts from Hong Kong.  Even the third indiana jones stole from Jackie Chan.  Now I guess they're just hiring Hong Kong choreographers.  The Hong Kong guys even steal from their dirty little selves when they come over.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Derek

Enough with the bat-bashing. Do the Right Thing may have been the more important picture to come out in 1989, but Batman was the best. The action was fine for what it had to be.

It's a truly great movie, there's more there than you think.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.