Advanced Screenings

Started by SHAFTR, November 30, 2003, 01:22:10 AM

SHAFTR

What Advanced Screenings have you gone to?

Me:  Old School, Hannibal, School of Rock
-I was invited to a free screening of The Station Agent, but that was well after it was released.
Ones I avoided:  Windtalkers & Life of David Gale
One that was full when I arrived:  American Splendor
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

NEON MERCURY

scream 2..... :roll: .....

back in the days i thought i was cool for seeing it.....

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

samsong

director/cast was in attendance for all of these

Adaptation
Lost in Translation
The Barbarian Invasions
Stevie
Mondays in the Sun
800 Bullets
Casa de los Babys

Going to a screening of Big Fish with Tim Burton to discuss afterwards next month... and though this really isn't ADVANCED, the Egyptian is having Quentin Tarantino come in with Kill Bill Vol. 1 and I have my ticket with me, safe and sound.  I'm desperately hoping that he pulls a fast one and brings Vol. 2, but I can only hold my breath.

Ghostboy

Ah, that must be one of the nice things about living in LA. I saw Big Fish a few weeks back, but the only person there was the producer. Cool, granted, but Dan Jinks is no Tim Burton.

Gamblour.

Quote from: GhostboyAh, that must be one of the nice things about living in LA. I saw Big Fish a few weeks back, but the only person there was the producer. Cool, granted, but Dan Jinks is no Tim Burton.

How was Big Fish?

I've only seen Bad Santa early.
WWPTAD?

MacGuffin

Quote from: Gamblor the ManwhoreHow was Big Fish?

GB's review near the bottom:
http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=1513&start=45
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gamblour.

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: Gamblor the ManwhoreHow was Big Fish?

GB's review near the bottom:
http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=1513&start=45

Thanks for the redirect. Mac, how many/often did you get to see screenings when you wrote for Yolk?
WWPTAD?

anakin_e

I got to see Attack of the Clones the night before it opened because of a friend of mine with hook-ups from Frito-Lay, and i'm going to see Return of the King the night before it comes out (watching all three in a marathon at the local AMC), but that's about it.
"So ya, Thought ya, Might like to go to the show. To feel the warm thrill of confusion, That space cadet glow. Tell me is something eluding you sunshine? Is this not what you expected to see? If you'd like to find out what's behind these cold eyes? You'll just have to claw your way through the Disquise - "
- Pink Floyd "The Wall"

xerxes

a friend of mine owns a screening room in beverly hills and i occasionally go

ono

Let's see, I saw a sneak of Pistol: The Birth of a Legend when I was a kid.  Great biopic flick.  More recently I've seen American Splendor, Girl with a Pearl Earring, and Gothika.  I was going to get to see a sneak of The Last Samurai, but the company pulled out, which I'm told means the movie isn't very good.  I had hopes for it being good, so I hope that generalization is wrong.

TheVoiceOfNick

I've seen nearly every "artsy" movie to be released in the last year or so at preview or free screenings... next up for me, cold mountain, big fish, and return of the king (11 days early)... its good to be in industry guilds and unions... :)

Slick Shoes

One of my friends works for an advanced screening company. For awhile there I was seeing everything before it came out.

edison

A ton of movies from the last 4 or 5 years, i would get tickets from a local newspaper that advertises screenings the week before, you just go to a specific place and pick up a pass.

Highlights:
Seeing Spanish Prisioner with Mamet
Kill Bill with original ending title editing