The Hazy Shade of Winter

Started by filmcritic, August 29, 2003, 03:10:34 PM

Ravi

McCabe and Mrs. Miller
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
Home Alone 1 and 2 (never thought I would mention all three Home Alone movies here within a few hours.  Another one is hitting video soon)

I know what you mean about the feeling of winter.  I hate cold weather, so watching a winter movie makes me feel the climate, as if I'm saying to myself, "I would hate to be there with all that ice and snow."  It puts me mentally into a cold climate more than a movie like Do the Right Thing puts me into a hot climate.

Finn

I thought I'd boost this up...tis the season!

When Harry Met Sally...(well, part of it takes place in the winter)
Vanilla Sky
Love Actually
Elf
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

molly

Home Alone is my mother's favourite. I like it too.

godardian

21 Grams. Those rainy streets... the snow falling into that swimming pool...
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

molly

Quote from: godardian21 Grams. Those rainy streets... the snow falling into that swimming pool...

I can't wait to see that film. I adore rainy streets in films, especially at night, with all those reflections, like Christmas