What is the name of the Horror mockumentary...

Started by Pastor Parsley, July 24, 2003, 05:10:34 PM

Pastor Parsley

Does anyone out there know the name of the mockumentary of the making of a low budget horror film.  I saw a trailer for it a couple years ago.  It had this skinny trailer trash guy and his not-so-bright sidekick who was making a 'documentary' of the making of his low-budget horror flick.  I want to find it, but don't know the name.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

MacGuffin

It's not a 'mockumentary' though. It's a true doc. about those guys and the making of the horror film "Coven". Recommended.

Related thread
http://xixax.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=60
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jeremy Blackman

When I first watched it, I thought it was a mockumentary for about 10 minutes.

Pastor Parsley

bob saget 1956-2003

I am in the Horror Story of Gene's Life.  In and Out of the dressing room his ties always were coated with the same residue of Show after show.  Could he stand it?  Know, he is dead.

Hats Off To The Gene

gene rayburn 1917-1999

Hmm.
I'm not so much dead.
As I am...alive.

"Charles Nelson Reilly, where am I?"
"You are on the one way train to battyville on riding the coat tails of every two bit clay penguin who ever had the horns to blow a road-a-hoe"
"Pardon?"
"You heard me. Swardler"

Sigur Rós

Quote from: bob saget 1956-2003bob saget 1956-2003

Hell no!!! Is this guy dead?

Gamblour.

Quote from: Jesus Christ Bobby!
Quote from: bob saget 1956-2003bob saget 1956-2003

Hell no!!! Is this guy dead?

Nope, not by what I'm reading.
WWPTAD?

MacGuffin

I'm not making this up:

Synopsis:
Prize-winning Milwaukee independent filmmaker Dude Schmitz desperately needs money! After a failed interview with the real Britney Spears, Dude hatches up a scheme to cash in using Britney Spears impersonator, Robert Stephens as Angel Benton. Robert is lured with the promise of his meeting his idol and poses as the real thing on a trip across the country for a series of road-trip style interviews! Will Robert find out about Dude’s scheme? Will Dude get his interview? Will Robert meet Britney? Britney Baby, One More Time will answer all of these questions and seal your addiction to bubble-gum pop music!
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ono

I saw American Movie a couple weeks ago.  Didn't really like it too much.  Didn't really tell anyone who's into film anything they don't know, and just reiterated how hard it was.  The protagonist being kind of an idiot without any vision other than "wanting to make films" (especially horror films -- feh) was really rather depressing.  At least you can understand why he hasn't been much of a success.  I get why other people admire the film.  I just don't.  It doesn't help that his short film, Coven, is kind of a mess, though it does help it some that you got to see all the work that went into it.

modage

yeah but didnt you think it was funny?  like REALITY TV, but in MOVIE FORM!?!?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ono

Not particularly.  Just sad, and a bit pathetic.  Depressing, really.

modage

"There's some corny dialogue that would make the pope weep."
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pastor Parsley

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaI saw American Movie a couple weeks ago.  Didn't really like it too much.  Didn't really tell anyone who's into film anything they don't know, and just reiterated how hard it was.

I think you missed the point.  It's not meant to be a filmmaking tutorial.

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaThe protagonist being kind of an idiot without any vision other than "wanting to make films" (especially horror films -- feh) was really rather depressing.  It doesn't help that his short film, Coven, is kind of a mess, ...

You're not supposed to take it so seriously.  It's a comedy.  I thought that was pretty obvious.  Coven is not supposed to be good, and he's not supposed to have a vision or be a good filmmaker.  That's the point.

jasper_window

Mark Borchardt has a listing on IMDB - "Special Thanks" for Storytelling.  I'd love to know how that came about.