NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

mogwai

Sold my L.A. Noire and bought Heavy Rain and a couple of others. So far Heavy Rain is much better than L.A. Noire. (SPOILERS, Read at own risk!) I thought the part in L.A. Noire when you switched character in the 3rd act was boring. The ending was forced and didn't make any sense. I had a wee premenition that they main character died as John Marston in Red Dead Redemption.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: squints on June 23, 2011, 01:14:51 PM
Quote from: walrus, the on June 23, 2011, 11:55:13 AM
Quote from: squints on June 21, 2011, 04:20:21 PM
Who's the best NPC to have following you around in Fallout 3? I've got this chick from the brotherhood decked out with a sweet plasma rifle and she's doing some work (but also stealing a lot of my precious exp)

The one you have is the best, essentially.  Fawkes is also great because he can wield energy weapons and big guns.  Dogmeat is really great because of a glitch where when he levels up with you, he gets way too much of a health boost (though one of the later expansions corrects this error).  Sargeant RL-3 is pretty nice because of his built-in flamethrower, but you have to be of Neutral karma to get him and have to find him wandering around with that merchant, which can be annoying to track down sometimes.

I had that chick from the Brotherhood then i got ambushed in Vault 87 or something and she disappeared! FUCK! But i did get fawkes in return and a shitload of enclave power armor...so yeah whatevs.

Milk Fallout 3 for as much fun as you can, it will only whet your appetite more for the wonders of New Vegas.  Your mind will most likely detonate.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Stefen

Fallout 3 is one of the greatest games I've ever played. I'm jealous of anyone who gets to play it for the first time.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cronopio 2

i had it and played the first few three hours and traded it. i was overwhelmed.

Myxo

Quote from: Christian on June 23, 2011, 04:15:10 PM
Sold my L.A. Noire and bought Heavy Rain and a couple of others. So far Heavy Rain is much better than L.A. Noire. (SPOILERS, Read at own risk!) I thought the part in L.A. Noire when you switched character in the 3rd act was boring. The ending was forced and didn't make any sense. I had a wee premenition that they main character died as John Marston in Red Dead Redemption.

Heavy Rain is way, way creepier. Put it this way. If L.A. Noire was a Michael Mann film, Heavy Rain is David Lynch.

cronopio 2

nah, Heavy Rain is a generic hollywood thriller, but it has nothing to do with David Lynch. i've heard Alan Wake does, though.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: S.R. on June 24, 2011, 12:21:19 AM
Fallout 3 is one of the greatest games I've ever played. I'm jealous of anyone who gets to play it for the first time.

I don't envy those who began with Fallout 3 because it is jampacked with references to Fallout and New Vegas is filled to the brim with allusions to Fallout 2.  They're still fun, but it's like putting training wheels back on your bike to replay Fallout and Fallout 2 now, they're both dated and old hat.  They're still fun if you grew up playing them, much like Dungeons and Dragons, as a grown up you will lack the capacity to fully immerse yourself in it if you didn't grow up with it.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

cronopio 2

mogwai

Quote from: cronopio 2 on June 27, 2011, 01:30:51 PM
great article about the nightmare that was creating L.A. Noire

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1179020p1.html

I doubt that was a nightmare compared to making the nightmare "Duke Nukem Forever" for 15 years.

cronopio 2

did you read the article?
nobody expected a masterpiece from duke nukem. i feel bad for the programmers involved in that game.

i saw castlevania lords of shadow for cheap yesterday , and bioshock 2 even cheaper .
i'm not very interested in bioshock 2 (i'm not a fan of the colour scheme), but if it's a good game i can be persuaded. castlevania looks interesting... which one would you pick?

cronopio 2

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

cronopio 2

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cronopio 2

i've been playing all the games i hadn't finished. yesterday i finished assassin's creed 2 (piece of shit game overall, gets shittier towards the end) , and right now i'm playing uncharted 2.  it's fun and cool, and the dialogue's better than most games. drake's fun to play.
but portal 2 will be hard to top.