Skewd viewing eperience

Started by Banky, May 10, 2003, 08:19:48 PM

Banky

Have you ever watched a movie under strange circumstances which really enhanced or changed the way you viewed the film?

I recently had a really big paper to write for my english class and was up all night doing it.  I got done at like three in the morning and when i was finished i was really exhausted.  It was that strange kind of tired though where everrything seems odd because your body is so completley out of it and your tired as hell but not really sleepy.  Anyways this is how i felt so i decided to watch Vanilla Sky.  I had seen it a couple of times before but this time i viewed it it was tottaly unique. The movie seemed so much more beautiful and vivid.  It was like my senses were all enhaced to view the film.   I've watched the movie since and never have quite had the same experience.

Anyone else have some kind of similar experience.  Maybe not because of fatique but from anything?

aurora

Not including weed? :P

*Thinks of being stoned and watching FRIDAY*

I remember one time I hadn't slept all night and I started to watch 187... and it was all yellow tinged and shit and I was like 'what the fuck' and I kept on falling asleep and waking up and it just got weirder and weirder

RegularKarate

Quote from: aurora
*Thinks of being stoned and watching FRIDAY*

A couple years ago, I went to a midnight screening of Friday, but didn't smoke weed first.  All my friends did though and it was really fun at first.

Everyone was laughing and a whole bunch of people snuck beer into the theater... my friend had snuck in some O'douls just because he thought it was funny.

We were watching the movie and everyone was cracking up really loud and talking to the screen... everything kind of died down towards the end because that's where the movie takes it's "dramatic" turn.  When the lights when up, I looked around and almost EVERYONE in the theater was asleep.
I think I was the only one who wasn't stoned there.

aurora

LOL

Thats a classic man

I've never been to the movies stoned... only at home. But I don't smoke anymore anway

Going to the movies drunk sucks... you can't concentrate and if you've been drinking beers (like i do) you have to leave every 2 minutes to take a piss

Alethia

i saw ice age in the theaters stoned out of my fuckin head last year --  pretty funny

Banky

i had a feeling this thread would turn to this.  I went to go see 8 mile at the theatre stoned.  It was really enjoyable because the crowd was really into the movie like yelling and cheering.

Also i watched Master of Disguise fucking ripped and it was the funniest movie i ever saw.

NEON MERCURY

Maybe still not a "GREAT" film but nonetheless  an effective thriller, -the mothman prophecies-got under my skin when watching it a five thirty in the morning to avoid not falling asleep so I wouldn't miss an exam that I spent all night preparing for.  Something about the dawn hours while watching a film screws with you  a bit.:crazyeyes:

bonanzataz

the movie "spider" high was perfect. I felt like i was the character. when miranda richardson would swap places with different actresses, it made perfect sense and i didn't even notice it. everything was that much more real.

ocean's 11 high sucked. dazed and confused high, if you're familiar with the movie...perfect. i hate watching movies drunk or stoned when i haven't seen them already and don't know what's going to happen, because then i'm confused. I saw Amarcord high and don't remember shit and i don't have the stamina to sit through it again. but, anyway, it works for the movie spider, and that's all i can say about that.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

picolas

the first time i saw Fifth Element was at around two am and i was watching from the bottom of the screen. i didn't remember much of it in the morning but the face of the bearded man as he looks up at the beginning to see the giant spaceship haunted my dreams.
i also remember watching a short at an animation festival (called pib and pob or something...) and at one point a cannon is fired at the screen. at that precise moment, the reel in the projector set on fire. it made whatever the original ending was ten times better, i'm sure.

sphinx

phil marlowe

this homeboy has recentley stolen the first place for the contribution of the best/worst weedout experience:

this video holds a close second:

also, every movie starring sally field will do. with the winner being 'not without my daughter'.

Pedro

Quote from: aurora

I remember one time I hadn't slept all night and I started to watch 187... and it was all yellow tinged and shit and I was like 'what the fuck' and I kept on falling asleep and waking up and it just got weirder and weirder
I was sober when I saw that and remember it being yellow, too.

Tiff

watching a movie with deep or shallow people maximises or minimises your confidence in yourself. -Tiffany, 2003
"Shut the fuck up!"

Ernie

I saw PDL for the third time a little awhile ago before the long haul to dvd at this weird dollar theatre near me. The seats in the theatre were set in such a way that, when you look at the screen, it almost feels like your laying down....it feels like your in a recliner. At first it was really disorienting as I hadn't been to the theatre in awhile, but once the film started and everything, it was really fucking cool. It felt like I was at home watching it or something, just like on the couch or something...it was really freaking relaxing.

Anyway, that's as skewed as any of my film experiences have gotten I'm pretty sure. It counts, right? The angle I was watching it at was sort of skewed. I don't know, I'm boring...I don't get high or drunk.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

drug use in the audience , ahh how else do you explain how it took cancer to stop the powerhouse juggernaut that was " ernest goes to...."  movies

if he would of beat the big C, Right now somewhere in america  two 24 year old guys giggiling their ass's off would be saying

" yeah two tickets for ernest joins the Taliban"