there has been blood (and now QT's review of CMBB)

Started by pete, November 06, 2007, 01:06:10 AM

Redlum

A list formed with the deliberate intention to shake-up top100 list making standards, The Times placed There Will Be Blood at #2... right after Casablanca.

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/related_features/top_100_films/

It's a pretty un-interesting (although pleasing to read) list but highly preposterous for the There Will Be Blood ranking.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

tpfkabi

I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

72teeth

that whole last scene still reminds me of the tinman... "DRAINNNNAGE" look at him move, pta had to have had tinman in mind when that direction was given...
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

modage

Tarantino reviews There Will Be Blood (10 min vid)

WARNING: calls him "Longview"
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

tpfkabi

what did this air before - a movie channel showing?

theyarelegion

tpfkabi

Quote from: theyarelegion on August 17, 2009, 03:15:39 PM
Before TWBB on Sky Movies Indie in the UK.

http://movies.sky.com/tarantino-takes-over-sky-movies

will the rest be put up?

McCabe is one i've wanted to see for ages. for whatever reason it never comes on TCM, so i haven't seen it and i keep forgetting to buy the DVD.

theyarelegion

Pas

Quote from: modage on August 17, 2009, 11:24:04 AM

Tarantino reviews There Will Be Blood (10 min vid)

WARNING: calls him "Longview"

Robert Rodriguez must be sad to learn that Quentin likes PTA better than him.

I disagree with the whole Brando vs Clift comparison. It just doesn't relate at all. Even if it did, Tarantino is barely in the top 10 alive directors while PTA is in the top 3 to 5 on any sensible person's list. So...

Stefen

I guarantee the only reason Quinton reviewed TWBB is to get the 5 or 6 of us that are here on this site off of his back. GUARANTEED.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Pozer

that review just shows that he cant review better than critics.