Tom Cruise on Inside the Actor's Studio

Started by BrainSushi, January 11, 2004, 06:06:55 AM

BrainSushi

It's new. It's two hours. Should be some Magnolia talk in there. Tonight at 8:00.

Finn

I'm really looking forward to this. He's done so many great movies with so many great directors. He'll get to talk about working with Scorsese, Kubrick, Anderson, Crowe and others!
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

ono

I don't get Bravo.  This sucks so bad it blows.  Someone should like, totally tape this for us and stuff, and include it on the PTA DVD if possible.

Gamblour.

God dammit, I have a mandatory hall meeting tonight at 8, fucking bitch of a CA.
WWPTAD?

Alethia

Ernie

Uhhh, don't they play these like a million times when Bravo doesn't feel like playing paid programming? You don't even have to worry about it, it'll be on again soon. I know I've seen the Sean Penn one more than once.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Alethia

Alethia

just finished.  it was a lovely program.

©brad

wow. what a great interview.

tom cruise is the man. there's no question about it.

the interview was stellar. my only complaint would be they spent too much time on the top gun/risky business days. i wanted to hear more about his later roles. from jerry maguire on it was kinda rushed. he didn't really even say much about kubrick/EWS, which is disappointing.

to our delight, magnolia definitely got the best round of applause from the crowd. he called PTA PTA! hah.

anyway, good stuff.

Banky

i wish that he would have spent some time on Tom and Crowes relationship and Vanilla Sky.  I thought it was a good interview but the audience questions always kinda blow

NEON MERCURY

...speaking of the "audiennce"...at those shows....what are they?... actors...or film geeks.....or....just funny looking fans....?

i donn't quite get it...

©brad

they're actors/students at a university.

modage

i love cruise as well.  a few notes

1.  i cant believe that the story with his father so CLOSELY parallels his own real life.  

2. i cant believe how stubborn he was to admit that he drew in any way on his real experience to film that scene.  he avoided it by going into an 8 minute explanation of 'doing the homework, living the moment' and REFUSED to implicate his real memory having anything to do with his performance in the scene.

3. funny how they didnt mention Days of Thunder, meeting his wife Nicole, working with her again on Far and Away and then finally on Eyes Wide Shut which they mentioned but breezed the fuck through.

he must be real fucked up because he refused to admit anything about having a tough childhood or that it sucked being moved around alot.  or that it was tough being poor.  he REFUSED to admit it. he would skate around it.  instead of just going 'yeah, it was', he was like "it was a challenge".  or "it was an adventure, it was always interesting".  i had no idea what a rough upbringing the cruise had and how he must have a steel  shell around his heart to prevent his world from crashing down by using all these positive spins on things.  i feel bad for the cruise.  i realized that 3 of his flicks are in my  top 20 of all time magnolia, eyes wide shut and jerry maguire.  and if i didnt limit myself to one per director id be tempted to put minority report in as well. i love that movie.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: ©bradthey're actors/students at a university.

a-ha.!.....thanks.....

is the show always at the same university?....(i guess somewhere in LA?)..
that would be cool to be apart of that audience...you get to be innnvolved in a Q&A..w/ some A-list talent.....which is nice.....

from my experience from watching these show(albeit somewhat limited)...when they get to the part at the end where they ask questions there is always..that one white guy w/glasses .and that silly grin on his face who always asks the dumbest question.....

and lastly ....the host kind of freaks me out.......