NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

polkablues

So Fallout 4 came out and now I've forgotten how to live real life.
My house, my rules, my coffee

cronopio2

if The Talos Principle (even tho it was released in december) and The Witness are any indication of what's to come this year, this year's going to be fun .

the witness is impeccable so far.

polkablues

Yeah, The Witness is really, really good. It took a little while to draw me in, but once things started to click, I got hooked.

polkablues

Stuff like that is why I'd rather chew on a pint glass than ever play online multiplayer.

polkablues

Holy crap, you guys. INSIDE. New game from the people who made Limbo. It basically takes everything that was great about Limbo and distills it into something even richer and more well-refined. It's a short game, 3 to 4 hours, depending on if you get stumped on one or two of the puzzles for a while, but it's so perfectly paced, so perfectly structured, it feels right in every aspect. So damn good.

Robyn

gotta catch 'em all!

Quote from: polkablues on July 09, 2016, 11:57:31 PM
Holy crap, you guys. INSIDE. New game from the people who made Limbo. It basically takes everything that was great about Limbo and distills it into something even richer and more well-refined. It's a short game, 3 to 4 hours, depending on if you get stumped on one or two of the puzzles for a while, but it's so perfectly paced, so perfectly structured, it feels right in every aspect. So damn good.

looks good. can't find it on PSS tho :( is it only on xbox?

the witness and uncharted 4 is the games i'm going to play next anyway. I recently bought a PS4 and don't understand why is it so expensive to play games tho. :( I don't have the money to play all the games I wanna play.

what other indie games do I need to catch up on? the cheaper, the better!

edit: oh, and I played the swapper and liked that one. so I guess I like puzzles. even tho everything pales in comparison to portal... I need that one on my playstation. or a third one. why isn't there a third one

polkablues

Jeremy Blackman

This is actually kind of amazing. I was hooked within minutes.

Jeremy Blackman

I just finished the game (although there is an "endless mode" and a ton of replayability). It's really great. The gameplay is so unique. As they say in that review, Superhot is just filled with crazy epic moments that you create yourself.

Like this:

polkablues

Superhot looks really good, but I kind of want to wait until I can afford a VR setup and play it that way.

Anyway, Resident Evil 7 is insanely good. As in, the first actually good Resident Evil game. It's also (relatedly) completely crap your pants terrifying to play. I am functionally immune to horror films at this point, but for some reason horror GAMES turn me into a giant damn baby.

Lottery

It's good to hear that RE7 got such a positive response but I have totally disagree with you on the other games. I reckon RE4 is still one of greatest games ever made. It might be my favourite in general. I'm a pretty big fan of the rest of the series too (though Silent Hill remains my favoured horror franchise).
I would love to try RE7 in VR, I hear that's the definitive experience (though I might die from motion sickness).

You folks ever play Alien Isolation? It's somewhat similar to RE7 in the way it plays. It's a high quality game that I feel is largely underrated. Superb aesthetics and sound design, its very faithful to the early films and really is a fantastic survival stealth horror game overall. I would say it is the quintessential Alien franchise game and one of the best movie-based games out there.

polkablues

I can't remember if it was 4 or 5 that I started out really liking, but then it just kept going more over the top and bloated and silly and I couldn't take it anymore. It's always been a series that I wanted to like, but always seemed to shoot itself in the foot in one way or another. The new one is hitting all the right notes for me, though.

polkablues

Quote from: polkablues on February 02, 2017, 11:09:09 PM
Superhot looks really good, but I kind of want to wait until I can afford a VR setup and play it that way.

So the Oculus Rift and Touch controllers bundle just dropped in price by $200, so I did what any responsible adult in his 30s would do and bought the damn thing. I've tried a handful of games and apps so far, and Superhot is BY FAR the most fun. Dodging bullets is fun, catching guns in midair is even funner, blocking bullets by throwing coffee mugs and clipboards at them is the funnest thing of all time.

I want to try out Resident Evil 7's VR mode, but at the same time, I really don't. That game is freaky enough on a monitor three feet away from you, I'm pretty sure if I play it in VR I'll have a heart attack and die.

Jeremy Blackman

Nice!

You should set up a camera and start your own YouTube channel now. Just talk really loud and fast.