magnolia poster inspiration

Started by md, March 26, 2004, 05:14:22 PM

md

"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

Myxo

I think the poster was inspired by the flower..

..a Magnolia flower.

There, I said it.

cowboykurtis

Quote from: mdhttp://www.art.com/asp/sp-asp/_/ui--B0DCFD24D3124D7CA1E6E652397530AF/PD--10052036/sOrig--CRT/sOrigId--3807/Magnolia.htm

was this inspired by the movie, or was the movie poster pta designed inspired by this?

if you didnt already know,  a magnolia is a type of flower. that is a picture of the flower. just as the movie poster is a picture of a flower. i dont think theres an issue of who copied who. they both copied what was created by god or science or whatever you believe in.
...your excuses are your own...

cowboykurtis

Quote from: MyxomatosisI think the poster was inspired by the flower..

..a Magnolia flower.

There, I said it.

you beat me to it, bastard
...your excuses are your own...

godardian

I much prefer the "frogs" poster.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Kal

I like the one with the flower and all the faces around it... I have that one on my wall

cine

Quote from: andykI like the one with the flower and all the faces around it... I have that one on my wall
THAT poster was inspired by the time PTA was looking at a Magnolia flower and he saw all the actors for his next movie in each of the petals. He saw them due to being on acid. And this is why we're collecting donations to help support PTA's drug habit. For future threads like these. Thanks for your question.

a.santi

I saw Magnolia because I like the flower, and the poster with the magnolia  got my attention.

Alethia

Quote from: godardianI much prefer the "frogs" poster.

as do i

Alethia

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Alethia

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

SoNowThen

Yeah, I badgered the people at the local blockbuster until they gave me theirs (flower with the faces, that is).
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Myxo

Quote from: Pubrickmine was free.

You guys all got ripped off. They paid me to take the one hanging on my wall.