David Gordon Green

Started by MacGuffin, January 21, 2003, 10:50:11 AM

Weak2ndAct

I have the screenplay for 'Dunces,' and it's quite good.  I read the script trying to imagine Will for the part.  I think it really could work.

Sleuth

Quote from: Weak2ndActI have the screenplay for 'Dunces,' and it's quite good.  I read the script trying to imagine Will for the part.  I think it really could work.

Was that only attainable because you're on the "inside"?
I like to hug dogs

Weak2ndAct

Do I sense some sarcasm?

But yes, someone sent it to me.

Sleuth

No, I genuinely wanted to know
I like to hug dogs

tpfkabi

so what's the hold up on Undertow?
hasn't it been in the can for a year or so now?
it seems everything is saying a fall 04 release
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

MacGuffin

Quote from: bigideasso what's the hold up on Undertow?
hasn't it been in the can for a year or so now?
it seems everything is saying a fall 04 release

http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=1654
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Mesh

Can anyone post some screen caps from George Washington for me?  I want to show images of its use of muted, autumnal colors to someone who doesn't have time to actually watch the movie.

Do some from Gulager's A Day With the Boys, too. (That short that's packaged with the DVD.....)

I thank thee profusely.

Or, hey, link me to some, that'd work just as well.......

Ghostboy

So anyways, at the Undertow screening I went to this evening, DGG confirmed once again that Confederacy is dead, although they'd begun rehearsals and set up offices in New Orleans when the plug was pulled. He's spent the last year writing four scripts, any one of which might be his next project: an adaptation of The Secret Life Of Bees, an adaptation of Goat, a Dukes Of Hazard 70s style action comedy, and a horror movie starring Jennifer Aniston.

Also, DGG seriously looks like he's no more than 13 years old. It was sort of shocking....

cine

Quote from: GhostboyAlso, DGG seriously looks like he's no more than 13 years old. It was sort of shocking....
meatball would be all up in that.

tpfkabi

this screening was in the big D?

Ghostboy

Yeah, at the Deep Ellum Film Festival (although I strongly dislike them for political reasons, I can't deny they deliver the goods when it comes to getting films I want to see).

Pedro

i wanna see this movie so bad :(

tpfkabi

is that sort of thing expensive?
i need to make a trip to dallas soon to see Huckabee's, Primer and Undertow.

Ravi

Quote from: GhostboyAlso, DGG seriously looks like he's no more than 13 years old. It was sort of shocking....

No kidding.

Thrindle

He's almost dorky, but I find him oddly attractive.  The guy has vision and talent and intelligence... brilliant!
Classic.