wal-mart has two of the Hitchcock SE's

Started by tpfkabi, November 01, 2003, 11:35:15 PM

tpfkabi

the other day i saw Psycho and The Birds at 14.99 a piece.........i think they usually retail around double that

i'm wondering if this means they're about to do some new Hitchcock DVD's?

anyone heard any rumors?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

MacGuffin

Quote from: bigideasthe other day i saw Psycho and The Birds at 14.99 a piece.........i think they usually retail around double that

Nope. The SRP is $19.98 each.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

nix

At my local boarders, they have a good portion of the Hitchcock Universal SEs for 14.99, including Psycho, Vertigo, Rear Window, The Birds, and Marnie.
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

stalllove

I just picked this up tonight. one of my all time fav.s

has anyone elese seen this one?

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: bigideasthe other day i saw Psycho and The Birds at 14.99 a piece.........

I wouldn't buy anything from Walmart... Psycho is probably missing the shower scene, and The Birds is probably missing the birds... they probably thought the birds were too violent, and asked the studio to cut them out for their Walmart version....  :P

tpfkabi

you just picked up what?? you didn't say.

i think i will get Ed Scissorhands too because it's 9.99.........but i've seen it a lot of places for that cheap
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

nix

Don't bother with the ed. s. dvd if it's from walmart. They only have it in FULLSCREEN. WalMart is hell on earth I've decided.
-Woddy Allen

Ravi

Quote from: nixDon't bother with the ed. s. dvd if it's from walmart. They only have it in FULLSCREEN. WalMart is hell on earth I've decided.

I don't think there are FS DVDs of the widescreen Hitchcock films, so go ahead and buy them.  Psycho and Vertigo are not 16:9 enhanced, FYI, if that matters to you.

The Wal-Mart $5.88 bin is a seductive mistress.  I was tempted to buy Freddy Got Fingered and Monkeybone this weekend but I didn't have enough money on me.

nix

I was talking about edward scissorhands dvd. Hmmm the hitchcock ones aren't 16:9... If they come out with new ones after I buy all these I'm gonna be pissed.
-Woddy Allen

stalllove

i guess the picture does not work.

sorry. it was the movie Rope.

It's good.

nix

I really like Rope, too. A lot of people I've talked to are iffy about it. I think the experiment totaly worked. Plus, the Leopold and Loeb case is facinating.
-Woddy Allen

supremelegend

It's actually $14.44 at Walmart, not $14.99

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: nixI really like Rope, too. A lot of people I've talked to are iffy about it. I think the experiment totaly worked. Plus, the Leopold and Loeb case is facinating.

I also think The Rope worked out pretty good.
Si