Criterion News and Discussion

Started by Gold Trumpet, January 16, 2003, 06:18:19 PM

jenkins

give yourself a moment to consider why you're here. give yourself a moment, you got this

awww i'm sorry. totally believed in you for a moment. it's not to ignore others. try again. could happen

cine

Quote from: jenkins<3 on February 02, 2014, 01:01:12 AM
give yourself a moment to consider why you're here. give yourself a moment, you got this

awww i'm sorry. totally believed in you for a moment. it's not to ignore others. try again. could happen

you know, i get it. it's the internet. you can say and do whatever you want. but in this instance, i'm chiming in (a little late) just to let you know that you were unnecessarily snarky.

you didn't mention the title of the film, whereas GT did. so there was no need to chastise him just because he ignored your NSFW tit pics. not everyone knows the film reference and the title itself was actually helpful.

by the way, some people will choose to ignore your posts if you're a dick. something to keep in mind, i guess. thanks.

jenkins

on the net you can say and do whatever you want whenever you want, i noticed, good demo. thanks (?) for your weird and externally obvious follow up. not sure your intention but who cares

cine

Quote from: jenkins<3 on February 23, 2014, 11:09:24 AMnot sure your intention but who cares
ya man who gives a fuck, huh? enjoy your sandbox.

jenkins

you're missing the parts about me not enjoying this. at all. it's been mentioned. everyone must be as tired of this as i am and it'll end

cine

it must be so lonely at the top.

jenkins

how could i possibly know? cine, my dick post happened on a saturday which was like this sunday, when there were a handful of posts on xixax, and i was frustrated the xixax community was in a nadir even within the criterion thread. that's not gt's fault. it's just odd. i was a baby, for sure, i had been and i continue to be, as i've mentioned, as others have mentioned. you probably haven't noticed the mentioned because i don't think you visit often. it's been a minute since when we last talked cine and i checked, of your 18 posts since September 09 2013, six of them are at me. six of your eighteen posts in the past five months have been because of me, and you haven't been nice to me, you just like telling me when i suck. why? i must suck. i wouldn't call this the top. i would call it lonely

closing statement in the criterion thread. that's kinda funny, definitely inappropriate. i'll miss the things i'll miss. trashculturemutantjunkie@yahoo.com if you wanna, fyi

as i've said in the past, movie news is easy to find. i've come here for the people. it's been a kooky unusual ride and i'm no longer sure why i do it. i mean, i visit for the people, but things aren't looking so good. that has to be largely my fault, agreed. criticisms against me are a guaranteed xixax adulation. it's all too silly, my chakra is bad, and i simply can't keep going. i'm positive everyone knows i'm not strong enough for this stuff. i'm positive no one will mind, xixax will be fine, and finally this drama has ended

cine

tpfkabi

I like the full info posts with titles. That's why I follow a lot of posts in order to keep up with stuff.
Rotten Tomatoes is the only film site I check regularly and they only update every few days, so this fills in the cracks sometimes.
I hadn't seen the film with the scuba diver, so I had no clue.
If I saw a clue with only a scuba diver, my first guess would be The Graduate.
The Life Aquatic would be another one and it has Criterion ties.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

samsong

LOVE STREAMS?!?!?!  one of my favorites.  tied with faces as my favorite cassavetes.  this is something to be excited about.  if you haven't seen it GET ON IT.

Gold Trumpet

Love Streams makes perfect sense and would be a nice addition to the collection. I would cheer lead that all day.

MacGuffin

Criterion's June Lineup Adds 'A Hard Day's Night' & 'Judex,' Refreshes 'Picnic At Hanging Rock' & More

Well folks, it's time to start picking up some extra shifts or sign up for some primo medical experiments because everybody's favorite home video boutique label has released their sizzling slate for the month of June.

First up, on the second Tuesday of the month two older titles will receive Blu-Ray upgrades, the Douglas Sirk iconic melodrama "All The Heaven Allows" and the final chapter of Michelangelo Antonioni's informal trilogy on contemporary malaise "L'Eclisse." The latter film's upgrade leaves the first film of the so-called trilogy, "L'avventura," as the sole film without a high definition release.

The following week sees a trio of releases from roughly the same era, with refreshed releases of Peter Davis's blistering 1974 Vietnam documentary "Hearts and Minds" and Peter Weir's 1975 breakthrough "Picnic at Hanging Rock." Meanwhile Georges Franju delightful "Judex" makes its Criterion debut bringing with it interviews, a TV special and more as bonus content.

And finally, closing out the month is the iconic Beatles film "A Hard Day's Night" with a 4K transfer approved by director Richard Lester along with archival interviews and footage, two documentaries on the making of the film, a new piece on Lester's groundbreaking approach to editing and the director's Peter Sellers and Spike Milligan-starring Oscar-nominated short "The Running Jumping and Standing Still Film." So if you're a Beatles fan or a fan of Lester, like Steven Soderbergh, you'd best start saving up now.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gold Trumpet

MacBeth. Only question, which version? Polanski? Welles? Wadja? Likely candidate is Polanski. A cool box set would be all three with Olivier's thrown in for good measure.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.