NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

Stefen

Some damsel in distress ass beeyotch just jumped in front of my horse and said, "Can you help a lady? My carriage broke down and I need someone to help me repair it" so I get off my horse ready to assist and that dumb cunt took cover and a bunch of bandits jumped out of the coach and drew their guns and told me if I wanted to live, I need to pay them a fee. Bitch set me up! I didn't even have the money because I had just bought myself a new badass Winchester shotty so I hightailed it before shit got real. WTF is the very early 1900's coming to?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pas

I'm poiting the finger on you though here... The car breakdown trap is the oldest thing in the book, man.

Kinda sucks that you could escape like that though, would've been epic if they'd just killed you. What a way to die.

Last night I was looking to go to Blackwater for a high stakes poker game. On the way, I see some guy kneeled over a corpse. I decided to go look at what was going on. I come up to him and I see it's some kind of redneck looting the dead body of a black woman. I push him a bit as if to say : "Get off her, man." but the fucker punches me right in the gut for my trouble. I had my clean suit, too, because you don't play high stakes with no stinky cowboy clothes on.

So I think to myself "Uh, I don't want to get dirty for that shit" and I decide to leave. But this guy doesn't seem to know what's good for him. The fucker starts insulting me and follows me to my horse.

I'm like : "You better leave me alone or you'll find the trouble you're looking for." so I get on my horse and pull my revolver on him, like : "Turn around and walk away pal." But no, that stupid fucker has a gun pointed on him and instead of running he pulls his gun on me!

So I'm thinking "Maybe this is a mexican standoff type of thing... he walks away, I walk away, and everything's fine." NO! He shoots! Damn it, I shower him with bullets of course.

I was afraid this would lead to a bounty on me but no, that guy was a fucking cunt and the game knows that apparently. Still, people seem to have a fucking DEATH WISH around these parts. I guess it wasn't my place to interfere with his looting ways, and maybe my gun pulling was misinterpreted... but still, fuck.  

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cinemanarchist

I was riding off the path so that I could set up camp and a damned cougar came and killed my horse while I was on it. It's the stallion that chick gave me early on in the game. That was heartbreaking enough, but while I was skinning the cougar and my horse, another cougar jumped on my back and scared the shit out me.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

Pas

The only thing that could make this game better would be Resident Evil 4-5 type controls.

The cover system is clunky as hell and it's easy to just stay in the open and shoot down everyone without worrying about getting shot.

I think I'm gonna switch to expert aiming. I want to die sometimes.

cinemanarchist

It is ridiculously easy, but I think at this point I'm playing more to see what happens next and just enjoy myself, not really for the challenge. Just made it to Mexico. The fight for Fort Mercer was epic.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

squints

Quote from: // w ø l r å s on May 19, 2010, 02:42:54 PM
I'm making damn sure I get my hands on Starcraft 2 which comes out in the fall (Blizzard willing) but that's hardly what I'm losing any sleep over.

Shit comes out in JULY.
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2363387,00.asp
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pubrick

Quote from: cinemanarkissed on May 20, 2010, 11:27:21 AM
It is ridiculously easy, but I think at this point I'm playing more to see what happens next and just enjoy myself, not really for the challenge. Just made it to Mexico. The fight for Fort Mercer was epic.

could you post those pics you tried to post in the quote at the top of this page? you posted a direct link to some file in your gmail inbox, by the looks of it, so that's why i figured it wasn't showing up.

i wanna see this plainview town.
under the paving stones.

Pozer

Quote from: P on May 20, 2010, 09:39:49 PM
Quote from: cinemanarkissed on May 20, 2010, 11:27:21 AM

could you post those pics you tried to post in the quote at the top of this page? you posted a direct link to some file in your gmail inbox, by the looks of it, so that's why i figured it wasn't showing up.

i wanna see this plainview town.

he fixed his post on previous page

Quote from: cinemanarkissed on May 19, 2010, 04:51:47 PM

Plainview

Plainview (by day)

*UPDATED* Now with photos you can actually see.

Pas

Same shit that always happened to me in Fallout 3 happens to me in this game... I always want to start my game again because I did some stupid shit by being reckless. Urgh the righteous path is awkward a bit in this game... might become a road agent...

polkablues

The minigames in this thing are blowing me away.  GTA4 had shitty bowling, crappy pool, and boring arcade games.  RDR has an amazing, perfectly refined game of horseshoes (how is that even possible???), a great easy-to-play, hard-to-master game of Liar's Dice, and the absolute best Texas Hold 'Em in a video game ever.  I'm not some great poker player by any means, but I know the game well, and I'm constantly amazed by how deep the AI system is in these poker games.  Each character has a recognizable play-style and a consistent skill level, and most mind-blowing of all, the better AI players will actually adapt their play when they sense you're catching on to them!  

The first game I played, I wanted to get it done with and go explore, so I busted early.  The second game, I decided to take my time and do it right.  One of my three opponents didn't last long because he was a big bluffer and went all-in with a pair of tens when there was an ace on the flop and one of the other players called him on it. The second guy was a free-spender; he won a few big hands, but overplayed a few more, and I eventually finished him off on a lucky straight draw. I played the last guy head-to-head for almost half an hour. We traded the lead for a while, and I started to recognize that he would consistently check-raise before the river card every time he had a good hand. After I spotted that, I was able to wear him down for a while, until HE started catching on, and completely switched it up on me! He chased me out of three good hands until I finally slow-played him into going all in with a pair of aces when I had pocket threes and another in the flop.

Seriously, I've played a lot of Texas Hold 'Em video games, and they've all sucked to varying amounts, but this one is freaking fantastic. And in the middle of a huge amazing game to boot. My 60 bucks was well spent.

Side note: walking out of the saloon after my poker game, I heard a woman screaming, so I went out on the porch and found a guy harassing a hooker. I figured I would teach the guy a valuable lesson, but as I was fiddling with the weapon select menu to get out my lasso, the guy suddenly pulls out a knife and stabs the shit out of her! I already had my lasso out, so I roped the guy and hogtied him before pulling out my pistol and splattering his brains on the dirt. This game is epic.
My house, my rules, my coffee

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: polkablues on May 22, 2010, 01:57:17 AM
Side note: walking out of the saloon after my poker game, I heard a woman screaming, so I went out on the porch and found a guy harassing a hooker. I figured I would teach the guy a valuable lesson, but as I was fiddling with the weapon select menu to get out my lasso, the guy suddenly pulls out a knife and stabs the shit out of her! I already had my lasso out, so I roped the guy and hogtied him before pulling out my pistol and splattering his brains on the dirt. This game is epic.

:shock:

I'm going to be so broke.

This definitely is a Redemption since Red Dead Revolver was OK at best.  I'm sure someone here will attempt to defend it, but it was slightly lamer than Gun, which was also kind of subpar.

You guys are really hyping this one up to be something pretty amazing and as a result, I will trust you.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Stefen

I never played Red Dead Revolver or Gun.

Red Dead Redemption is amazing. Simply put, it's amazing. I know you like the herb, Walrus, and trust me, there is nothing better than cruising this open world.

I barely just now made it to Mexico. After 10 hours of cruising, and I made it to Mexico. I haven't played Mexico yet since I saved right before jumping on the ferry. When do you open up Great Plains/Wyoming?

squints

seriously this sounds like the best game ever. my fuckin roommate moved out with his PS3 (right when i got to the fucking finals in 2k10 with the thunder, literally right as i'm about to play the first round he bails with his playstation, bastard) so now i'm thinking of maxing out my credit card and getting a 360 and this game. Fuck you summer school!
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche